www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Faith.....What is Faith?


What does God really expect for us to do?       Does He really want us to preform great miracles? Just what does God really want from us?       Does He have some hidden agenda to make us look foolish, in front of others?
According to the spoken words of Jesus in the book of Mark, We have been called to believe. I really think that we have a problem believing sometimes, because we have been pumped full of fairy tales. Most of us as children have been alternated between mystical stories of faraway lands, and stories of the Bible.
Honestly, with me at fifty years old today. The stories of the Bible sound like they are too good to be true. We all have been taught that if something sound like it is too good to be true, and then it probably is indeed. Although, there is something deep down in my Spirit, which cries out that there is truth, in every word, of the Bible!!
I believe that Jesus knew how hard it would be to sort out the truth, from the lies of the world. In the book of Mark, there was a father talking with Jesus about his son. He said that he had brought his child to the disciples, and that they could not cast out the dumb spirit. These are the words that Jesus spoke to the father. Mark 9:23, Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
I am the kind of man, that simply does not believe a thing just because, I am told to believe it. I need something solid, concrete evidence, to base what I believe on. You have to show me some proof. I live in a world full of con men, which always have some hidden agenda. They are always looking for a way to profit off of others. How can I ever believe, such a radical story?
Here is where the rubber, starts to meet the road in your walk, toward believing, the good news of Jesus Christ. You must have faith!!        Faith?    Actually, what is faith, and how am I supposed to achieve, this thing called faith? The Bible has the definition of faith. It is found in the book of Hebrews, chapter 11, verse 1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
The way that I personally describe, what I believe, that having faith means is simple. It is stepping out on nothing, and believing that there is something there. If you remember, in one of the Indiana Jones movies, Harrison Ford had to pass through, the Temple of Doom. One of the clues was to take, the leap of faith. He was standing on the edge of a ledge, with the bottom hundreds of feet down. The other side was just far enough away to keep him at bay.
What did the hero of this story do?     He took a leap of faith!!      He jump out in the mid-air, and landed on a rock, that he could not see. Then sudden that appeared unto his vision, a trail of rocks, crossing over to the other side. I realize that I am mixing a fantasy movie, with something that I am trying to prove to be a reality. I am just giving you a worldly view, on what faith is. I could have went to the Word, and pulled out a handful of qualifying events.
That entire chapter in Hebrews, is known as the chapter of faith. Chapter eleven, is full of people, that took a leap when nothing appeared to be there, but something was there, to catch their fall. That something, has always been the same something, that never fails to catch those that believe. Our Lord, and Savior, Jesus Christ.
I still haven’t told you where to find this faith that you might be lacking. The answer to that is found in Romans, chapter 10, verse 17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. If you want to have faith, or even an increasing amount, of the faith that you already have today. It comes the same way. You have to get under the Word of God. You have to listen to the Word being preached, and taught. It doesn’t matter if you listen to it live, or on a CD, or even read about it in a blog.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have done what I was supposed to do today. I pronounce a blessing on you, as I turn you over into the care of the real teacher. His name is Holy Spirit. Romans 8:16, The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God. John 16:13, Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but of whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
………Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment