www.billofrights.org

Sunday, May 26, 2013

I got Satan's attention!!


I have been looking forward to the return of Nathan Morris ever since I have heard of it happening. I was all pumped, and geared up, with the hope of something awesome happening. Today was the day, and I really had every intention of attending. However, I did not really feel all that well today. My back has been giving me fits all week long, and I have not been taking medication for it. I decided that I would lie down for a little while today, and set my alarm, so I could go. The alarm went off, but I didn’t get up and go. Actually, I slept for a long time. I really must have needed that sleep, because it is very rare for me to sleep, during the daytime.
I got up, and started to kick my own tail for not getting up and going. I don’t know about you, but I can abuse myself, worse than anybody else, can even get away with doing it. Sometimes my self-talk, can get right down harmful. I don’t do this very often, but today was something that I really wanted to do, so I let myself have it pretty good. I more than less, got on a lowlife pity party for one!! I wasn’t realizing that this came so easy, because I really wasn’t feeling that well.
 The apostle Paul wrote one of the greatest freedom verses in the book of Romans. It is in chapter eight, and verse number one. Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
There is something about that verse that is always saying that I am not guilty. However, until I get that settled in my own mind it is of no real effect. I don’t know why that I do it, but sometimes it seems that I can’t be satisfied until I beat my own self up!! I don’t guess that none of my readers can relate to this at all.
I had got tired of whipping, up on myself, and decided to take a shower. As soon as I had walked out of my door Satan was waiting to attack me also. There was a guy walking down the hall. He started talking at me, and I meant to say at me. He proceeded to say these words: “You ought to get out of the house, and go listen to some of that great jazz music.” We have a jazz festival going on right now. I told him that I was alright right where that I was. Then the full attack was on. He said, “I know that you are saved, and that is why that you don’t want to go. Just because you are saved doesn’t mean that you can’t have fun anymore”
I almost snapped on him with my reply like any good Christian would. I said, “What in the hell does my being saved, and not going to the festival have in common?” Then he was standing there drunker than Cooter Brown, and said this, “I am saved also, and the Lord don’t mind if we have a good time. All I am saying is that you’re being saved should not keep you from having fun.” I replied back that was not the reason that I wasn’t going to the festival. It was not even close to the reason why. Then he said, “Oh…I will not even ask you what the reason is. I thought it was because you were saved.”
Actually, if I break it down, the reason that I don’t go is because I am saved. I don’t think that Jesus would mind if I went, and listened to the music. I don’t think that there is nothing wrong with going. However, if I was to go by myself, I might be tempted to drink some beer. I know that drinking beer would hurt my fellowship with Jesus. I know that I have a problem with drinking alcohol, so I can’t understand why I would put myself in the position to drink.
I had much rather have my fellowship with Jesus. I really don’t care if people think that I am boring. I have things that I do, that I really enjoy doing. Most people don’t have a clue that I write a blog. I don’t brag about it, because I think that it is a blessing for me to write it. I love Jesus, and I could talk about Him forever. I have a different set of priorities now than I have ever had before.
Because of my relationship with Jesus my life is ever more changed. I love the fact that it is changed. I love being in fellowship with Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit. I love the change in myself, physically, mentally, and of course Spiritually. Actually, I am being transformed daily, into something that Jesus can use for His glory.
This will sound strange, but you know that I am going to say it anyway. I feel like the apostles did in the book of Acts when they were beat for preaching in Jesus name. (Acts 5:40) They rejoiced that they could suffer for Jesus. In my case, I am rejoicing, that Satan still holds me as a big enough threat, to still be messing with me!! If he never dealt with me in a harsh manor, it would mean that I wasn’t being a threat to him.
                          Ain’t God Greatly Good!!
         ………Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment