www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Was So Radical

In my last post I listed the promises, which Father made to us, if we would obey His Word. I think that would be a no-brainer, but still we are failing to keep Fathers Commandments. The situation changed when Jesus came to the earth the first time. Actually, everything changed, and the door back to the Father was wide open, for all that would believe.

Matthew 10:34  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

When Jesus came into His ministry He was something else, in the way that He talked, and taught. The religious leaders of the day didn’t know what to do with Jesus. They wanted to kill Him, but the game of religion that they were playing, would not allow it to happen. It wasn’t a fear of God that kept them from killing Jesus. It was a fear of man, that they could no longer control them, if they killed Jesus.

Jesus threatened their way of life with the Words that He spoke. The Sermon on the Mount was so radical, that the President of our country uses that sermon, to blaspheme God today!! I think that the Words of Jesus are way-cool. I believe that His teaching is the only way anybody that calls themselves a Christian should live by.

Jesus was bold in everything that He said or did. These are actually a few Words that He spoke at that Sermon on the Mount.
Matthew 5:20  For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I used to be worried about this verse. Then again I was always looking, for some hidden clause, which would keep me out of Heaven. I was actually thinking that I would stand in front of Jesus one day, and He would give me that look, saying; Mat 25:41  Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

I know that might sound a little dramatic, but that was how I felt for most of my life. I know that I couldn’t have been the only one that has ever felt this way. I know now that our Creator has worked very hard, to keep us out of hell to play silly games, and set traps for our failure!! I think that this next scripture was Jesus speaking to me, because I didn’t know either.

Mat 22:29  Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Paul, in the book, that he wrote to the people in Rome. He has answered any questions, there might be about having surpassing righteousness. We no longer have to worry about having more, or better righteousness that anybody any more. Once we believed that Jesus was the only way back to the Father, in came in the complete package.

Romans 3:22  Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:


This is a prime example of why that we need to know the scriptures, and know what it means, and how to apply it to our lives. I am convinced that the only way to do this is by daily study of the Word. Father told the children of Israel to teach His Word to their children. Few folks teach children the Word of God anymore, and they certainly can’t get in the Public School Systems. At least not in the United States anymore!! If our children are going to learn anything about God it will be because we teach them.

It is not hard to tell that the return of Jesus to the earth is getting very close. There are several generations out there that don’t have a clue about Jesus, or what that He has done for us. I don’t know how much longer that we will have, before the door closes on Salvation. I do know that I am very grateful for the Salvation that I received in spite of the fact that I did not deserve the mercy that I was shown.

Matthew 28:19-20  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Ain’t God good? 

         ….Much Love    

No comments:

Post a Comment