www.billofrights.org

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Gettin’ Excited!!

Do certain things, which are concerning the Lord, excite you more than others?  That might have been the wrong question, to lead off with, in this post.      Does anything still excite you about Jesus? I personally have very selective hearing, and I simply filter out most, of what I hear in a days’ time. 

There are two completely different schools of thought, which I don’t filter out.
The first one being, the fact that I am super-sensitive to the name of Jesus. It seems that I will hone right on in a conversation, in a busy room, when His name is spoken. It gives me a warm bubbly feeling right down to my toes, when someone is talking favorable toward Him. I can also hear when they are taking the Lords name in vein. This doesn’t cause the same reaction in me. It stirs up anger inside of me. Part of this anger comes from the fact, that I used to talk, in this same manner.

Ain’t God good?   He has surely forgiven me, from more, than I ever thought would be possible. I just like to throw that in for good measure, every now and then. However, this is not the point that I want to make in this post. Not that it is not the most important point to make, because we all started, from the same place. We were all sinners in need of a Savior!!       Amen!!

Sometimes we let the fire of Jesus burn low in our lives. I don’t think that we plan to let this happen. We simply get off focus, and the longer that we remain in this state of being, we push Holy Spirit father away. The Apostle John put it smoothly in his writings. 

1John 2:15-16  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Satan is a master of manipulation, and his job is to get us off focus. His tricks are relatively easy, because he know where our weaknesses lie. He knows the Bible through and through, and much better than most of us Christians. If you will notice in verse sixteen, all of these things are visual stimuli.  He knows if he can get us concentrating on the things that we can see, we become ineffective in the battle.

Ephesians 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The first place that we were introduced to Satan, in the Bible, was in the book of Genesis. Please read this verse carefully, and allow it to seep, into your Spirit. Three chapters deep and our first warning!!

Genesis 3:1  Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

There is nothing any sweeter to me, than the feeling of true repentance, after I have wandered away for a while. Can anybody relate, or all we all too holy?   When you bow before the Lord, and begin crying tears of sorrow, and they have turned into tears of joy, before you even get up. It compares to playing in the rain, after a long summer drought, except better!!

If by chance you have been going through a Spiritually dry season, Jesus is still there. He is waiting on you to come back, into His love. I will guarantee you, once you make that move, which the things of Jesus will excite you all over again!!

By the way the phrase that started this post. The one that always excites me, and I can’t explain why, is only found in the book of Revelation. It is said three different times, in that single book, and it is, “Which was, and is, and is to come.” Hearing those words simply thrills me beyond belief!!

Here is my favorite verse that it is used in. Revelation 4:8  And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Merry Christmas

           ….Much Love        

No comments:

Post a Comment