www.billofrights.org

Monday, December 2, 2013

The Singing Jesus

I am going back to the church, which I have been attending lately. They have an awesome world class preacher, who just lets it fly!! This man preaches exactly what the Bible says, with no apology about any of it. This ol’ boy is a southern Baptist preacher.   Can you tell?    I really like the Word that he preaches. The book that he preaches from was written, by my favorite author. 

This church is a little smaller, than the one that I am a member, but not by much. They have a good choir singing with live music. I am a man that believes in a strong program of singing, and playing music. As far as I am concerned the praise from the music and singing is as important as the preaching, and the passing of the plate. 

I hope that all my readers realize by now, that giving to the Lord is an act of worship. I am not going to argue with anybody about it. If anybody has a problem with believing that giving is an act of worship. You should read the third chapter of Malachi, and see if you still feel this way. 

I guess that most of us realize, that we were created, in the image of our Father. That is a well-known fact. I wonder how many of us realize, that is where this song in our heart came from? Our Father is a God of singing and song!!  Now, if you are not a child of God yet, then you don’t know about the song, in your heart. I don’t know that we all have the same song or not. However, I know that it is there because I find myself humming this tune, and often wake with this in my mind.

I am thinking that I might have a few, that don’t really believe that I have a clue what I am talking about. I believe that I will call on the King of praise to our Lord for back up.
Psalms 40:3  And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

I believe that Jesus sung a song with the disciples, at the Lord supper, before Jesus went to the cross. Jesus was speaking to the disciples, and this was the next verse. Matthew 26:30  And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives. The next verse is Jesus speaking again.

Do you think that Jesus just sat there listening, as they sang that hymn?  I don’t!!   I think that He joined in with the singing. Actually, that is something that I am looking forward to in Heaven. I want to hear Jesus sing, and play a musical instrument, preferably the piano, and a guitar. I believe that Jesus can make music like we have never heard before, and I am looking forward to hearing music by Jesus!

You know something that I really love about God is the fact that He is all about new things. Nothing as far as I can gets the chance to turn stale. Even with singing songs, and giving praise. The book of Revelation speaks about singing a new song.
 Revelation 5:9  And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

I know that I am just all over with writing this, but that will be ok. I find this an interesting fact, in the Old Testament. Father instructs Moses to write, and teach the Israelites this song. It was not a song of joy. It was a song of anger, because they were turning to other Gods!!

 Deuteronomy 31:19  Now therefore write ye this song for you, and teach it the children of Israel: put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for me against the children of Israel.

It would be hard to write about our Lord of song, and not mention the Apostle Paul. In the book of Colossians Paul wrote these words of truth. Colossians 3:16  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Ain’t God good?

                     ….Much Love   

No comments:

Post a Comment