www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Zone Calculated, by Light Years

I had a strange event, which happened to me, the other day. I will probably need to go back, and fill you in on some details, so it might make more sense. Do you remember the post that I wrote, on the church, that I paid a visit, where they didn’t even preach?  It was called a first united Methodist church. I was shocked that they didn’t have a sermon, or even a word spoken why, they didn’t have a sermon.

I usually will talk about things that upset me, and that was one event that did. During one of these times I met this man that lives in the same building that I do. He told me that was the church that he attends regularly, and assures me, that that was an unusual occurrence. Even after we talked I was still so unimpressed, that I had no desire to return. However, this man, and myself engaged, in a relationship, mostly in passing. 

We would talk a few minutes every time, that we would meet, in doing life’s daily activities. He has even given me a religious book, along with the workbook that accompanies the book. It was all like new, with nothing wrote in either book. He told me that this book had helped him, and he thought that, it might help me also. 

This is one of those well-known books, in the Christian circles. However, there is a problem with me, and what I read, and study in these end times. I am very particular, about the character, of the authors in which I read. I found out by reading the back page, of the book, that the author has a ministry, and has been in the ministry, for several years.

Knowing this gave me hope, that this book might be something worth reading. I went to the ministry page, on their website, for father conformation. Can you guess what the first thing, that I saw was?    The first half, of the home page was totally dedicated to selling books, and this book in particular. That was all I needed to see, to make a firm decision, not to study, from this material. 

If you remember, (It is recorded in all four gospels.) when Jesus went wild in the temple, and drove out all those that sold. Then this is what He said; Matthew 21:13  And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Wow!!   What does that have to do with their website?    Everything, in my honest opinion. I believe that the Lord owns everything, and this does include a ministry, with His name on it. I don’t believe that He would be really happy, when sale items come before His Word.            Do you?

Here is a verse where Jesus is speaking. Matthew 6:24  No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.  

The Webster 1828 dictionary defines mammon as: MAM'MON, n. Riches; wealth; or the god or riches.

You might be thinking something, like these things.   James, you are losing your mind!!  You have stepped off the edge, into a zone calculated, by light years!!   Why are you being so radical?   I am laughing while I write this, because I don’t know anybody as radical as Jesus.   Do you?

Speaking of radical folks, the Apostle Paul was fairly radical himself. Come to think of it, being in the presence of Jesus makes a person radical!!    Anyway, this is something Paul wrote. 1Thessalonians 5:22  Abstain from all appearance of evil.      James 4:17  Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

If I can call your attention back, to the first line, that I have written in this post. I still haven’t told you, the strange thing that happened. It was about the man, and something that he said to me. It was like once he said the words. He was in a rush to get away from me.  It was like he knew that it wouldn’t settle well, in my Spirit. 

We had gotten in a conversation about doing good and bad things. I told him, that I was trying to do more good things, in my life now. I told him that I wanted to over-ride all the bad things, which I had done in my past. He asked, where that I got this information from, and I replied in the Bible. 

Galatians 6:7  Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Now this is the strange part. He looked dead at me, and this is what he said.    “I wouldn’t worry about it too much, because a lot of the Bible is not accurate, in these modern times.”   I was stunned, and my delayed reaction made his escape path clear. He was right though, because I am not worried about it. However, I am very attentive to the things of God!! Not only in my life, but what I say to the readers, of this blog.

I don’t mind when folks call me an old fuddy-duddy. I don’t even mind when they say, that my ways are old fashioned. Truthfully, I have been called strange over far worse things, and they are right. Father does call me peculiar. 

1Peter 2:9-10  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10  Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Ain’t God good?

         ….Much Love     

No comments:

Post a Comment