www.billofrights.org

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Medical blunder...

I know that this really doesn't have anything to do with Jesus.....Yet. The Lord always has His own special way of intervening. I want to talk about my visit to the Dr. yesterday. Back at the very end of the month of March I had this terrible infection in my sinuses. I thought that nothing but antibiotics would heal this disaster. I called the Doctor's office to get an appointment, and that is why that I went yesterday.
I don't know if Jesus (Told you!!) simply had mercy on me, and healed me, or my sinus cavities just burnt out. Whatever it was that happened I am grateful. The three month wait was unbelievably long, but the day did finally arrive. I was going to go talk about issues with my pain medication.
I arrived for my 8:15 appointment, as soon as they opened the office at 8:00. They called me back close to thirty minutes past the hour. I sat in this small room, totally alone until nine in the morning. The nurse that had checked on my vital signs told me that the Dr. was in, and was just waiting on her to finish. Well, sure enough, half an hour later, she graced the room with her presence.
I need to tell you something, so there is no confusion about what is really going on. These folks that I call my Doctor are nurse practitioners, simply working with the real Doctor. I have not set in an office with my real Doctor in three years. I have only seen him once in that time, walking into a room.
I know that these folks are really over worked, and completely over-burdened with a work load. However, that does not change the fact that they are dealing with real, live, human beings. I expected this nurse to act a little different that the last one that I saw. Actually, I have made a stand in my heart, that if they ever make an appointment with that woman, I will not accept it, and wait to see anybody, other than her. She was the rudest person that I have ever come crossed in the field of medicine.
I had saw the nurse practitioner, that I had an appointment with, almost a year ago. She was very caring, and full of questions. She listened to every thing that I had to say, and addressed ever issue. She had this bubbly personality, and was very pleasant to talk with.
Yesterday, when she walked into the room in which I was inside, something had changed. I sensed immediately, that this was not the same person, that I had seen before. Her entire demeanor had changed, and she was cold and with-drawn. She sat looking at the computer screen, and asking very blunt questions. She never turned in my direction even to look. She finally got up from her seat, and said that she wanted to listen to my heart and lungs, and being very careful not to make any eye contact.
When she had her feel of listening, she returned to the stool in front of the computer. I told her that I need a higher dose of pain medication, because I was taking more that the prescription called for, and the pills run short every month. I also stated the the acetaminophen content in these pills were to high, and was making me sick. She never said a word about what I had just said to her.
The last time I had said those very words to my Doctor over three years ago, he became very alive. He got loud using the words of I was self-medicating myself, and it would not be tolerated. He said that I need to inform him if my medication was no longer working. Then he upped the dosage, and the frequency that I was to take it.
After I said these things yesterday, she finally said that she wanted me to keep a blood pressure log, because my pressure needed to be monitored. I ask what she was going to do about my pain medication? She said nothing, that the dosage was strong enough.
I just accepted what she said, because I was not going to argue about anything. In my heart I was really upset about this entire visit. I was more upset with myself, for not taking control of this whole situation. The first thing that I did wrong was I simply went into that office unprepared to do warfare, and I never prayed the prayer of faith over this situation.
The second thing that I didn't do is make my presence well known. I sit there like a wimp, accepting whatever the she said, as the way that it was going to be. There is nothing wrong with my blood pressure, because of the medication that I take daily. That log is worthless to anybody, and everybody that might be concerned. I told her that I had stopped going to physical therapy, because they wanted me to do exercises that caused me more intense pain. I said that I got up an exercised every morning, and rode my bicycle, and walked everyday. The only thing that she heard was that I was no longer going to physical therapy, and started chewing on my about my back wasn't going to get better, unless I used it daily.
This whole situation was a defeated process, because of my failure to prepare properly, and take control of the situation. I chose not to possess my God given Spiritual authority, and kick Satan's hind end, before I arrive at the office. I feel like I walked into that office naked, because I forgot to put my armor on that morning.
I don't know why this happened. I got out of bed that morning, and hit my knees in prayer, like I always do. You would have thought that after the last visit, that I would have approached this visit heavily armed, but I didn't. I failed to use what was available, and expected of me to use. You can sure bet that the next time I go to the Doctor's office, that I will go in as the warrior that I have been called to be!!

…........Much Love


No comments:

Post a Comment