www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

this is not funny......

oh,...........i reckon that the short fall time we enjoy in Florida has passed, even though most of the leaves are still on the tree's. it's really hard to predict the change of seasons here in south Georgia. Jacksonville is about as close to south Georgia as you can get!! they don't call us the first coast for nothing!!
anyway,........low, and behold,...............i think that winter has set in early. it's been getting cooler for about two weeks now, and the nights are growing extremely colder each night. I'm usually good until around 40 degrees, but this is getting strange.  it's going to get in the 20's tonight, with a wind chill of 15 degrees, and the weather man this is just the beginning of an Arctic blast.............the beginning?...........well how long is this supposed to last?
he reassures us freezing to death folks in Florida that it will last no longer that a week. I'm not sure about the weather person in your city, but these jokers in Florida don't have a clue. if you want to know about the weather then you need to check it often, because it changes several times a day.
I'm quite used to this happening, but some things are different this year for me. I'm staying in a fairly large house. it's got four bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, a den, and another large room that i don't even know what to call it, but that's where my computer is located. it's has been a great place to be in the fall time, but i'm starting to seriously re-think it now.
the problem is,...............well,...............there are two problems, ....................the first one is me, and my body. something happens to your body as you live down here a few years. i have lived in this place for eighteen years now, and, you blood thins out a lot to accommodate the extreme heat for most of the year. that leaves you terribly vulnerable during the colder months. most folks that move to Florida from the colder regions of the word suffer greatly during the hot months, which are most of the year. their body eventually regulates to it in the 3-5 years. it's not an easy process. it takes time.
my second problem is the fact that i have only two sources of heat in this house. i have a fireplace in the den, and a portable radiator heater which i can move anywhere. the heater doesn't work that well.
the fireplace is located in a room that way too large for it's heating capacity. it's connected with the kitchen, and a small bathroom. there are two french doors between the den, and the other big room that i don't even know what to call.
honestly,...........if this keeps up I'll probably have to move my bed in the room that my computer is located. I'm currently sleeping on a pallet in the floor beside the fireplace. it was super good during the fall month, but it's seriously lacking now.
please,..........don't take me wrong,..........i am not complaining sitting here in my sweat pants, shoes, socks, shirt, and a sweat jacket pecking this out to you. i know that it is far better than sleeping on the ground outside. I've been there also, and as long as i have these walls around me i will not freeze. i am thankful, and grateful to have this place on this cold night. i have no right, or room to complain about anything.
I've slept on the ground in worse conditions that this, and stayed warm. i come to notice that i can do anything in the name of survival to continue on this journey. I've never been proud to sleep on the ground, but I've always woke with a smile on my face.
they say that adversity builds great character,..........then i must have more than i realize!!........I'm not sure if i do or not. i never purposely put my myself in these situations, but then again,........i put myself here, by the conduct of my life.
in the deepest depths of my heart i know that I'm a God fearing man, and because of my past actions I'm in this state of life. I'm not talking about in this house. I'm talking about my state in life!! this house is the mercy of God on my life today!! I'm talking about every thing in general. i didn't wind up in this place by accident. i earned my way here. i was very disobedient to God, and in some ways i still am.


brrrrrr..................well it's the next morning, and i survived another night in pure comfort. my bed roll in very warm, and sometimes i hate to crawl out of it. especially on mornings like this one where it's still 30 degrees. i went to sit on my throne a while ago to relieve the pressure of yesterday bounty that i had been blessed with beyond any reason. i must say that it was an exhilarating event!!  i never realized that porcelain could get that cold!!           yeah,..................that's right,....................i just had to share that fun fact with y'all, but i tried to do it in a tasteful way. ............please forgive me if you were offended.
actually,...........i try to write the events of my life in a clean way to not offend anybody. you never can tell if your children might have found my blog before you did. i know that they know all the words that i might use, because i hear worse than i normally write coming out of the kids in the neighborhood today. most kids have a very trashy mouth when apart from their parents. if you don't believe me then just listen where they think that you are not around.                 oh yeah,..........then you have to scold them, ......................and give them that blessed time out that is so popular today!!           my mother beat my ass unmercifully with a belt when she heard me using bad language........once.            so it worked then?             yep,...........she never heard me use that kinda language again...............i always made sure that she wasn't around!!

oh my Lord,...............i need to get dressed, and head out in the cold this morning. i need to get Sanka's bicycle tire fixed, so show will show me some mercy!!      y'all remember Sanka don't you?   she is Bubba's friend from Croatia. she speaks five different languages, and English isn't on of them!!  she is a trip man, but she gets her feeling hurt a lot, because of broken communication. that's alright though, because she bounces back in a little while.  it's funny because when she starts getting on my nerves the real Bama in me starts to come out. she barely understands English little lone Southernese. man i can speak a jargon that she can't possible translate!! the bad thing is that i can't do it for long, and keep a straight look on my face, but you should see the look on hers while I'm doing it!!  it's awesome!!           yeah,..........i know that I'm messing with her big time, but sometimes a man has got to do what a man's gotta do!!
can y'all tell that i love life?   i really do with all the twist, and turns that can come out of no where.  life is a journey,.........not a destination!! take time today to tell someone that you love them that you haven't told in a while..............it will put a smile on their face,.............and quite possibly,.............yours also.

speaking of twist and turns,................I'm going to leave you with a song in the Spirit of Christmas. it's kinda different, and it's defiantly twisted!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV-SpT69IZ8

                                ............................ much love

No comments:

Post a Comment