www.billofrights.org

Monday, December 6, 2010

a real hero in my book.........introducing donna

hello my readers all crossed the world!!.............. i'm not sure what i've been doing to be blessed with so many readers, but i have them, and they are growing each day. i want to say thank you, because without y'all it wouldn't be quite the same.
this story started yesterday. i got up early, and was surfing the web. actually,.......i was up to no good!!       naaa.........you know better than that...............i was looking for ways to get more people to read my silly little blog. this is all new to me, and i didn't have a clue when i first started. i barely have an inkling of one now!!
i was in the middle of a pinging operation, and was surfing around when i ran crossed this poem. it is called, " An Illusion of Confusion." you know that it completely caught my attention for obvious reasons. i read the poem, and read several more that she had written, then i read the about Donna section.
i left a comment at the end of the poem, ans told her that i would like to use it in my blog,.........just once. she contacted me later, and this is the actual e-mail that she sent:   
Dear James,

I'd be honored if you would include my post, "An Illusion of Confusion" on your blog.  I'm so glad I found yours.  Please keep sharing.  I look forward to reading more.

Kind regards,

Donna


i was delighted that she agreed, but still in some small way i had deceived Miss Donna. i wasn't really very interested in her poetry. i don't have enough sense left to determine what is good, or bad in the poetry department. what i was interested in was the powerful message that the author was delivering, and especially the ending of the poem.
the truth is that i care more about who a person is rather than what they do. i love to look into the hearts of people. i need to know what has happened in their past to make them evolve into the beautiful creatures that they are today. what really caught my attention was Miss Donna. I've never met this woman. don't even know where she lives. the only thing that i do know about her is what I've read. immediately,............when i read this,......she rose to the top of my list for hero of the day!! 
this woman has seen the fires of hell that few of us have ever seen!! She didn't lay down and die either. she took all the bad stuff that was going on in her personal life, and turned it into something positive!! Miss Donna is steadily spreading a message of love, hope, joy, and true happiness. she could have simply gave in to the pressure that was surrounding here, and never came back to reality. i guess that would have been an easy alternative, but i really don't know. I've never faced the things that this Dear Heart has had to live through, and I'll not try to act like i have.
it's not like these situations has ended in her life either. i sure that Miss Donna has a constant battle with these issues in her life on a daily basis. even still,..........she continues.
now i know that Donna is not the only person that has suffered from these kinds of afflictions. there are people all crossed this world in the very same boat, and sadly,............most have lost their oars, or the willingness to paddle any longer. i bet everyone of my readers know somebody personally that are trapped in the same hell. i know i do, and it's a really sad situation. i wish that i could help them get free from the bondage that they live in, but i think that's a job that only God can qualify to do!!
i bet most of y'all didn't realize this, but i have a gift for picking them out. Miss Donna is a diamond in the ruff!! do you realize what it takes for a diamond to form?              nothing but time,.........a lot of time,.............heat,.........excruciating heat,............and a lot of extreme pressure can form a diamond!! that why this Dear Saint is my hero of the day!!


OK,.............I've given y'all the link to Donna's blog. now it's up to you what that you do with it. please just look at it, and see if you can relate to anything. like i said before,.........i can't judge the quality of her poetry. i'm not sure if i could that i would either. I'm more of a people person, and i find nothing lacking in Miss Donna. she is a beautiful, and strong woman!! we need more people like her that's willing to reach up from down under, and spread the message that she does.


now i feel that i need to say something personal to Donna. y'all are welcome to read it, but it's just for her.


" Miss Donna,


I'm sorry if i deceived you in any way about your poem. i did what i said that i was gonna do. i posted your work on my blog. i just didn't stick to the agenda that you probably were thinking that i would.. that is just not my style. i have this major problem myself..........i love people!!   my torrid past has brought me to this point in my life. i want to make people shine out as they really are, the best that i know them.
i did tell you that i would do you proud. if i have failed to keep that promise. i will delete this blog in a heart-beat. my true passion is that it puts a smile on you face, and gives you father inspiration to carry on the good work"



http://donnas-poetry.blogspot.com/

AN ILLUSION OF CONFUSION

I wish I could forget a psychotic bout
In which paranoia caused me to hear others shout!

Having vivid hallucinations that I thought were real
Would shaken my Faith and have me pray and kneel.
To this day I am traumatized and need therapy and time to heal
Strong emotions of fear and fright, I continue to feel.

Losing my mind has always been my greatest fear
This incident, detailed and scary, five years ago, still seems so near.

Alone and distanced from my usual support system,
I felt as if everyone was against me, it was either I or them.

Thanks to medication, doctors’ intervention, and time passing along
Today I would not change anything for it makes me the person I am, beautiful and strong.

By Donna
09/10/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment