www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

biscuits and gravy

that's what i had for breakfast this morning. now,....... I'm not talking about opening up a can of biscuits either. i made my own fresh biscuits from the basic ingredients, but i did cheat a bit on the gravy. i used the packet for old fashioned pepper gravy. instead of using the water as it called for, i substituted half milk, for a richer flavor. i can make gravy from scratch just this good, but the packet is quicker, and the clean up is a lot easier.

most foods i can cook well, and i really love cooking. i think that it is an art in it's own form. you take some simple ingredients, and mix them together, and wallah!!............you not only have something that looks good, but it taste good also.
one of the greatest comfort foods of the colder months is homemade vegetable soup. i made some of that the other day. actually,.........i made two pots of it, because i simply cannot make a small portion, and have all the stuff that i want inside of it. i like okra, corn, cabbage, potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, peas, a few carrots, and a lot of beef in mine. serve it boiling hot with a big slab of cornbread, and you've got yourself a fresh country meal.
i gave one pot of it to Bubba. i don't have a refrigerator, so I'm living out of a cooler. the cooler life isn't that bad. i just don't have the opportunity to freeze foods like i need. I've always frozen foods for a later time. it just makes sense to me to do it that way. you always have something to defrost in case your in a bind.
my shopping habits are different now with just a cooler. try to just buy something that i will eat in one, or two times. i really miss out on the great deals with buying meats. most of them are sold in the family pack sizes, and i am not going to sit down, and eat that much even at two different times. I've got where I'm eating more vegetables, and fruits. I'm losing weight like crazy doing that also. that is a benefit, because I'm a pretty good size boy to begin with.
last night for dinner i went over-board though. i made me two bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches with fries. I've not ate bacon in months, so i thought what the heck. the food tasted so good, but i was over come by this great feeling of guilt for what i was eating!! i knew that i shouldn't be eating that way, but i gave into temptation with a quickness!! i guess my whole day yesterday was a culinary flop. i went to the store, and brought home two Sara Lee pies.       hey,............they were on sale. buy one, get one free!!        i bought a chocolate silk, and a coconut creme, and nearly ate a whole one when the feast was over. that the first sweets that I've ate since Thanksgiving....................that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!
I've been cooking all my life. i started with pulling a kitchen chair up to the stove to scramble eggs. yeah,.......i was that young.  my mother tried to teach me things to do to take care of myself. she always said that i might not always have a woman around to do these things for me. i wonder if she just had great insight on these issues, or if she knew that early that i would have a problem later on in my life? either way she was right. i don't feel that I've even become worthy of having a good relationship until the past couple years. i was always too buck wild, and self-centered.
maybe it's the fact of just getting older now, or maybe i have settled down enough to share love with some special lady. I've pretty much got my priorities in order now. I've got my relationship with God at the best that it has been in years, and i get alone with my fellow human beings great. now I'm plagued with some physical problems that are holding me down from doing some of the things that i think that i need to be doing. we wont even touch the mental problems, because that is what would make that lady so special!!
you know,...........speaking of mental problems,..........i believe that my mentality has greatly improved since i started writing this blog. I've not been ashamed to let it all out, and as i do they are slowly residing into some unknown place. i can't even start to explain how that is working, but apparently it is somehow.
oh,.......and by the way,.......i started writing this post on 12/15/10, and I've never got back to it until now. i just thought that the world might need to know that i can cook in case that special lady is out there reading this, and doesn't want to eat out of the microwave all her life. i think that i will make a good catch for the right woman. the problem is that i don't know if she even exist anymore. i might have done messed up, and let her slip away from me, but then again, i think that all things happen for a reason.
i need some romance in my life today. i guess i need to explain this to my younger readers. romance has nothing to do with sex!! sex is nothing more than just getting your jollies off. romance is the key to finding the right person that you want to have sex with for the rest of your life. romance shows you that you are with the right person to begin with, because you grow to care about them deeply. you are concerned with their day to day life, and don't try to smother them, or take them hostage, because they are just as concerned about you.
that is enough for now!!            most of my junior readers wont get this at all to begin with. i just thought maybe one of you would, and if one does,...........I've accomplished a whole lot today.

                                         .....................much love

No comments:

Post a Comment