www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

what a difference a year makes!!

i went to the Dr. today, and for once he was in a really good mood!! it's probably the fact that he is going on vacation next week until Christmas. i saw a different side of him today. he actually had a real conversation with me while looking at me.      he never even looks my direction!! he was singing little songs, and joking around.
usually, he is very direct, and to the point. he is a good Dr. though, but it took me a while to figure that out. he is the scientific type. he has yet to touch me in any way. a few month ago i was telling him how i needed something for anxiety, and he quickly cut me off. he said no more narcotics!! i reach over, and grabbed his arm, saying can you feel that? my entire body was vibrating, and he could feel it.
he immediately went to the computer screen to see what kind of drugs that i was taking, and said here is your problem. don't take the effexor anymore, and that will solve your problem. i didn't believe him. i thought that he was a quack, but i did it anyway.       son-of-a-gun,..........if my body didn't stop vibrating within three days of stopping that medication.
i know that he is over worked, because he sees four patients every hour, and is two hours late going home every night. i know this because i've been his last patient a couple times, and he was 1-1/2 late seeing me both of those times. he spent thirty minutes with me today.
although, I'm on every medication known to man,............naw,........not really, but it seems like it!! i am on quite a few though he still gave me a clean bill of health, all but my back. he said my blood work could not get any better. my Cholesterol levels are excellent. my blood pressure is perfect, and he was impressed with the work that my pain management Dr. did on me. I'm sure that's only knowledge that one Dr. would have for another, because he told me exactly what he meant, but it was all Greek to me!!
last October i spent three exciting days in the Cardio unit at the hospital totally wired for sound!! i was convinced that i was having a heart-attack, and the Dr.'s wasn't sure if i was or not. it's no fun being on that unit. they absolutely serve no good food, and they wont give you time to eat it, because of another test scheduled right away!!
i remember one morning they brought me breakfast. i took the lid covering my plate off, and i was shocked!! there were a spoonful of fake scrambled eggs, a half a piece of dry toast, and what looked like a slice of turkey bacon. it might not been that high in quality. it might have been tofu bacon. i really couldn't tell, and i didn't care either!!
the nurse said not to eat all of it, because i had more testing scheduled in five minutes, but they wanted me to have the chance to eat something.           i became livid!!           don't eat it all!!     you don't have but a bite here to begin with!!          i shoved my plate back, and said that you don't have to worry about me eating one bite of this derogatory stuff!!
look at me lady!!              I'm a full grown country boy, and i need a real plate of food if you expect me to eat!!         i almost laughed in her face, because the look that came over her face. i knew that i had stuck a nerve. she just picked up the plate saying,............have it your way!!
i think this was my final day. i had grown very weary of being starved, and waken up every time that i went to sleep. i had been poked, and prodded all i could stand. i forgot to tell you the first thing that they done to me. when i first got to my room this very unattractive woman walked in, and with a smile on her face said,..........I'm going to shave your crotch area.          the first words out of my mouth were,.........the hell you say!!         i think that she was turned on, because of the way she laughed while saying .....yes i am.      about that time the Dr. walked in the room, and explained that it needed to be done for exploratory surgery in the morning. they want to run a camera up into my heart, and take a look. she was to come in after the Dr. had already told me what the deal was, and not before.
needless to say,..........the shaving of my crotch happened, but the surgery never did. after a multitude of test they figured out that i wasn't having a heart-attack. it was that my blood pressure was so high that it was making me think that i was!! i guess that something that happens when your pressure is 180/120. they call that level three hypertension, and they don't really have a level four. most people die if it gets any higher, but not all of them.
the reason that they were treating me with the possibility of having a heart-attack was because i had one five years before. they had no idea what was really going on with me except what i was telling them until the test results came back. they already knew about my blood pressure, but still couldn't rule out a heart-attack.
 I've spent a lot of time in the Dr.'s office this year, but i had quite a bit wrong with me. i had let myself go to the point that i was scared to find out what might have been wrong. i had convinced myself that i was dying, and didn't want to know from what. all in all,...........it was simply my blood pressure, and all it took was medication on a regular basis to control it.
here is my offer to you.............if you ever get in this kinda shape don't be scarred to go to a Dr. life is worth continuing on. more than likely it wont be anything serious, and if it is serious,.............modern technology in the medical field has come a long way in the last few years. most procedures aren't that painful or dramatic as they once were.

                                                  ........................much love

No comments:

Post a Comment