www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The most important Law…

I was walking outside the building that, I live in the other day. A buddy of mine walked up to me, and asks if I had a few minutes to talk. I told him sure, and asked what was on his mind? He started asking a question, about the law, and the commandments. Which ones are still valid today, and in what order of importance do they go. Actually, he was firing of question so fast that, I could tell that he was confused, and honestly I wasn’t any better off.

I ask him would he like a simple answer, to all that madness that, he was spitting out. Smiling he said please do. I told him these things; you know when Jesus started His ministry on the earth that, He rocked everybody world. Folks just didn’t know how to take, the things that He did, and the things that He said. He performed miracles, like nobody have ever even imagined. He feed thousands, with barely one descent meal. A funeral possession was walking past him one day, and Jesus changed that funeral, into a halleluiah party, when He raised the corpse back to life.

The blind priests were the only one that had a negative problem with Jesus. They didn’t understand Him, and they were scared that Jesus would, take the focus, off of them. They were too concerned with Jesus stealing their thunder, to realize that Jesus made the thunder, and He was the Thunder. They didn’t even recognize Jesus, as the living Messiah in the flesh, which had been prophesized, in the Word of God, for thousands of years. They should have been the first ones to recognize, that Jesus was who that, He said He was. 

I went on to tell my friend that, Jesus made his question really simple. A lawyer was questioning Jesus one day, and the lawyer was up to no good tempting Jesus, to see what His answer would be.

Matthew 22:36-39  Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38  This is the first and great commandment. 39  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The next verse is what I wanted my friend to see, and meditate on it. I could feel my friend’s frustration, because I have had the same frustration, about the same thing. I love the Apostle Paul’s writings, but there have been times that, I have been over-whelmed by some of his writing. It took me a while to come to the understanding, of the seventh chapter, to the saints in Rome. The first few times I thought that Paul was losing his mind, and becoming schizophrenic.

Matthew 22:40  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

I believe that every one of us has struggled, with certain passages, in the Bible. I still run cross items that, I simply can’t understand. Holy Spirit is the best reading aid that, I have ever found. Honestly, I believe that is one, of the main jobs that He does, because He knows when the time is right, for us to have understanding, of an issue.

John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Holy Spirit will come to be your best friend, whether you are just living life, or reading the Bible, and all points in between. If you don’t have any dealing with Holy Spirit, then that a great sign that, you need to go to the cross. Salvation is found at the foot, of the cross, and you will not start to live without the Salvation experience. There is no life outside of Jesus Christ. There never has been, and there never will be either.

Getting back to my friend, when I told him about the two greatest commandments, and said that all the law, and the prophets hang on them. You should have seen his face light up. He didn’t think about this for half a day. He immediately blurted out that makes perfect sense. If I can just do those two things, then all the bases will be covered.

I told him that he was right. However, more importantly was the fact that Jesus said these things. Anything that Jesus ever said, the Father backs Him up on it, as the truth. We know and realize that God can’t lie. There isn’t but a few things that our Father God can’t do, and that is one of them.

One of my greatest pleasures, in this life is discussing, the things of God. It is the most important issue, in my life that, just talking about the goodness of God, gives me a rush. Different folks call it different things, but it is the greatest feeling, in the world to me. There is nothing that has ever made me feel, the way that I feel, simply by talking about my Jesus.  Knowing Jesus is a personal deal with each one of us, and that is why I call Him my Jesus.    Wouldn’t you like to know Him to?     Ain’t Jesus Awesome?

                 ….Much Love  

No comments:

Post a Comment