www.billofrights.org

Sunday, January 6, 2013

They laughed in the Bible


I have this little devotional that I read everyday it is called, “God's word for today.”              They have them at my church, and the little books last about three months.                   I just thought that I would share today's with you, because I love to laugh, and hear others laugh also.

                                                                   Laughter

Read Genesis 19:1 through 21:34

Typically, laughter is a favorite sound for most of us. It is usually associated with happiness and good times. However, it can mean so much more.

Laughter is an interesting physical response. Abraham fell down and laughed when God promised a son in his old age (Genesis 17:17). Sarah laughed to herself when she overheard that she would have a child at the age of ninety (Genesis 18:12).

Laughter often comes from surprise and possibly temporary unbelief, as it did with Abraham and Sarah. It also comes from having faith in God’s promise and experiencing the joy of that promise fulfilled.

Sarah said, “God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me” (Genesis 21:6).

This elderly couple laughed all the way to the nursery as God sent them what He promised. God commanded the child be called Isaac, which means laughter. Joyfully acknowledge God, for He always fulfills His promises.

Thought for Today: One stated, “God said, I believe it, that settles it.” Another replied, “God said it, that settles it, whether I believe it or not.”

Quicklook: Genesis 21:1–7

…............Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment