www.billofrights.org

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Grab your sword!!


I have a dilemma.....I think that I do anyway.         I just might have a thought bearing down too hard on this one brain cell. Whatever it is I am going to have to find a working solution for it.      I know that I am in trouble on this one, because I do enjoy doing it too much.     This is one of those time where any is too much!!
The Word of God describes the Father pretty well.......Wouldn't you agree?      Well lets just throw the whole gang in here when we talk Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.        The same description fits all three the same.        They are perfect, and they don't make any mistakes.      They are Holy in every way.           Just for the fun of it you might want to look up the definition of holy.            That is a busy little word!!
I know that I am accepted in the beloved, because the Word tells me that I am.        Even with all my flaws, and character defects, But …........I know that we are supposed to strive to gain perfection, and I try.       The thing that I am freaking out over is mostly my thoughts.      I keep my thoughts that I know to be wrong at bay, and they never become a reality.       At least the majority of those never materialize.       It is just some of my thoughts are so wicked, and I try to correct them immediately, but some I allow to play out in my mind.
I know that the fiery darts that Satan shoots at us comes in the form of thoughts.     My past life gives him plenty ammunition to fire back at me.     Trust me when I say that he is loaded with a full arsenal!!
What I an really talking about here is Spiritual Warfare.       It is the real deal.      The problem is that whether you believe that you are in a battle or not........It don't make it any less real!!        Satan hates all human beings the same.        He is not prejudice.        He don't care if you work for him, or if you work for God.       His only purpose with dealing with humans is to steal, kill, and destroy!!       He wants to have your soul, and those that Jesus has already he wants to make miserable.
I have a choice right now to make.       Am I going let him beat me down with wicked thoughts?        I am not talking about just any random thoughts.           I am talking about the one that I thought that I enjoyed being a part of!!         This scoundrel is really good at what he does, and he always starts out very subtle.         He is the master of deception.         The good news is that deception is his most powerful weapon!!
You might ask why is that good news?         Or maybe even how can that be good news?         Simply because the most powerful weapon that he has,......... he tried to use on Jesus when he was tempting Jesus.       Jesus showed us how to handle Spiritual Warfare in these verses Matthew 4:1-11
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. 5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, 6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. 11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
The only way to win in Spiritual Warfare is to fire back with the Word of God!!      It is not always easy, because it rarely starts out with the final thought in mind.       You must remember that the art of deception is the only real weapon that he has, and he has mastered his art.      There has not been anything new, or different with Satan since he was booted out of Heaven.       He only has perfected the use of his weapon.
We will talk more about this issue more in the future.      We ought to because we are in battle everyday of our lives.        I am just giving you a taste of the things to come.      As Christians we have to learn how to do battle, because every time that we loose a battle it makes us feel less than we actually are, and that opens up another door for failure.       Most humans don't deal with failure on any level to well.          I know that I sure don't.

…..........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment