www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resoltion 2....The other part


It took a real effort for me to even start to smoke.      If it had been nothing more than the initial effects of simply choking to death.     I would have never continued.       The truth of the matter was the fact that it game me a buzz.      I would find out later in life that a buzz was something that I thought that I needed to maintain my way of life, but that is another story.
It start out really subtle for me also.       A first was was a half a cigarette every once in a while.     Then was a whole one each day.       Before long the numbers increased, along with the frequency.     After 33 years I was smoking a little less than two packs a day.         I was addicted.......Seriously addicted!!
Now you must remember that I am telling you the only way that I found that I could break this addiction of smoking in my life. I tried every way that was known to man, and this is the only way that I ever found any relief from it.      I am confident that the same solution can be applied in your life in a different way.       I am simply tell you of the strength of the hold that it had over me, and the solution that worked to break the chains that were holding me in the bondage.
I knew that if I was going to seek God in my life through this program that I could not smoke.     They would not allow a person to continue on, and smoke at the same time.     I had known this several months in advance, and had been talking to the Lord about this before I ever faced this problem.     I was confident that God would work this out for me if He wanted me to complete this program.
I also knew from past efforts that if I was going to stop smoking......I would have to stop completely.    There was no playing around with it.      None of this, I will just smoke one after I eat kind of business.       It must be a cold turkey effort for it to work!!      I also knew that the same effort as losing weight had to be applied here.      It would take a total change of life style if it was going to work.
It wasn't easy.      As a matter of a fact it caused me more pain that any other effort that I have ever put forth in my life has caused!!        The great fact involved was that I was not doing this by myself.    By His stripes I was healed!!       I knew that Jesus had paid the price for this heavy addiction on the Cross also!!
Even knowing all this did not make stopping a piece of cake for me.      I still cried real tears of pain, because my body was aching to have the stuff that 33 years earlier was causing it a different pain.     Yeah,.......That is how strong my addiction had grown.        I was actually crying real tears, because my body wanted something, but my desire to have Jesus in my life was greater!!       I knew that if Jesus couldn't deliver me from this awful mess that I had got myself in that everything that I had been taught about Him was a lie!!      If everything that I had been taught about Him was a lie then I was just wasting my time being here to begin with!!    I am not saying that God will not bless you if you smoke, and I am not saying that you will bust Hell wide open if you smoke.       However,.....I am saying that God could not bless me like He wanted to if i were to contine smoking!!
See,.....I was on a fact finding mission.       I have to know who the real Jesus was, and the power that He possess, if He had any to begin with!!      I had to know for myself, because what everybody else seemed to know was not working for me any longer!!        It wasn't that I was really putting Him to the test, and then again,.......Maybe I was.
I had grown sick and tired of hearing about an Almighty God, and His son Jesus that I really didn't even know beyond hear say.       I had ask Jesus to come into my heart at the tender age of seven, and I believe that He answered that prayer.        I also believe that I wandered off, and started living my life apart from Him.       I also believe that I reaped the benefits of my rewards from that action!      I had honestly gotten so far off track that I didn't know for sure whether or not that God really existed.     I had always thought that He did, but no longer knew for sure.         That is really sad!!
Now I know for sure, and plan to live my life telling others of His real existence!!     As far as smoking went He had to free me from the bonds that had me severely chained to the smoke.    i have not smoked since May of 2011.    It has been 18 months now, and there was no way that I could have ever had that kind of power in myself.       The substitution that I made was reading my Word, and spending more time in prayer.       Remember it is about a life style change.      Not a stopping smoking change.           As for me,.........It was a Jesus change!!

…..................Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment