www.billofrights.org

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Most folks don't know this..


Sunday is a very unusual day for me.  Most of the time I am at my church for Sunday school, and the normal 10:45 service. The whole time that I am in the service I keep thinking of things that I need to write to y'all about. I mean to tell you there are some good things that come to my attention that are worthy of repeating to the world.
There is one problem that exist. Even though, I hear all these great things, and really want to share them with you. The problem is that I don't write them down. I keep deceiving myself by telling myself that I will remember.       Honestly, I do have a pretty good memory, but it has limitations.      I hear so many good things to share, by the time the service is over, I am over-whelmed!!
I even know of a solution to this dilemma. Even a simple solution. All I need is a small notebook.                Hey,..............I have one of those.             Good that settles that issue.     I need one more thing:   An ink pen, or a pencil.         Wow!!         I have two or three of those in my Bible, and there is always half-dozen with in my reach in the pews.         Well,....I am about to believe that I have a more serious problem than I realized to begin with.
Now, I know that laziness doesn't have any thing to do with this little problem.          I am quite gifted at multitasking to say the least.            Either all this valuable information is coming at me way to fast. Fast enough to cause my circuits to overload, and cause a brain freeze.        Ahh...........Wait!!!       Eating ice cream causes a brain freeze!!      So it can't be that.           Think about it, Think about it, Yeah, I want to go get an ice cream cone for fifty cents at Burger King.     The good thing is that is only around four blocks down the street from where I live right now.
More than likely I will wind up at Mickey D's getting something to eat, and surfing the web. It seems that I can never make a meal around here, because of the time that they serve. Sometimes when I am here they serve either something that I can't eat, or something that I wont eat. I believe I have done sit here, and worked myself up into a feeding frenzy where no place is safe for me to eat!!
I know that I jumped away from what I was talking about while ago.             I admit that I did make the jump on purpose, because there is another element in play here.       It just came to me while I was pecking out the words.      Maybe I don't need to remember the good things to write about them.        Maybe,.......Just maybe,..............I should be writing about the good things that I have learned.      Not only that I have learned, but also that now I am living!!
After all, this little blog is about my life.             The good, bad, and the ugly, and the goodness that has come from this tragic lifestyle that I have lived.      That is the only reason that it is still in existence.      If I can't bring God glory from living a changed life, then surely there isn't enough excitement surrounding my life to write about.        There isn't anything worth saying, and by no means worth reading!!
I am honestly sold out on the idea of God!!       If you would just read about some of the madness that I have dealt in, and brought upon myself.      There is no doubt to anybody, at least there should not be, that God is the only reason that I ever made it out.     I am not saying that every waking moment was spent doing evil.     I have had a few decent religious experiences.       Most folks don't know this well hidden fact.        I am here to spill the beans.        Religious experiences only will send a person straight to hell!!
Yeah,.....That right!!                 Eddy Brickell ( I hope that i spelled this right)wrote the words in a song that is right on track. “ Religion is just the smile on a dog face!!”      I thought that was a cool way of putting it.      The bottom line is that religion can be anything that you want it to be.    When it comes to our God, everything is all about the relationship!!      If you don't have a relationship with God, then you have totally missed the mark.      You don't have nothing, nor can't have anything without the relationship.       Bottom line.............Cut and dry.........Finito.......Nothing!!
I was once living under the illusion that if I died that I would go to heaven.     I knew about God, and I knew about His word.     I believed that I was “Saved”, when I was seven years old.    I really believed that phrase, “ Once saved, always saved.”       Although, I have come to believe personally that it would take a little more for me to go to heaven, than what I was banking on before.
I worded this carefully so to not offend any one that believes the way I did.      I know a lot of folks believe this way, and I did also for forty years.      I have grown to believe that I didn't have the most important part in my life, and that was the relationship aspect.            Now, I have a relationship with my Creator..............It is a beautiful thing!!

…........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment