www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dead man walking!!


I am really not sure what I want to write about today. I don't feel an impression about any one subject. However my mind is racing with thoughts, so I will probably write a jumbled up mess of a situation that will hopefully make some sense by the end.
I guess that you can tell that this has been one of those off kilter days so far. I used to use the word strange to describe days like these.        That was until they became normal for me.      My life seems to be changing.      My thoughts are not what they used to be.      My reaction to the elements around me are not even close to the same as they once were.      That includes people, events, distractions, and everything else that might try to change my focus.
Here lately my focus is sure.       I do little by accident.       While ago I was waiting for the library to open. I had 45 minutes to wait, so I walked all the way around the Plaza looking for some place to sit.     I don't care to be around a lot of noise, and foolishness going on.        I am really cautious to keep those smoking at a convenient wind advantage from me.        I can't stand the smell, and it chokes me really bad when I have to breathe it.            ( Thank you Lord!!!)
I finally choose a spot that I thought would be ok.      I got the feeling that instead of just sitting there, that I should spend my time more wisely, and talk to my Father.       When I am in that kind of situation I usually ask for a blessing to be applied to all the people that I lay my eyes upon.       That works out for me best, because I try to see everybody that I can.       Normally, I wouldn't look at people, because some of the ones that you look at suddenly think that I have something for them in my pocket.                                I guess that is life in the city!!
While I was looking around, and talking to Father I saw what look like a familiar face in the distance. As it got closer I recognized who it was, and he was headed straight to me.     This man that I will call John had been with me when I first got to C.R.M. Actually John was at Trinity before while that I was there.     John is a person in which I write this blog in mind.      Not just this post, but the entire blog.          John is running hard from God with no success!!        Sounds like I used to be!!
I know several of these men of God that is on the run.       They can quote scriptures, after scriptures, and even the correct address.        They know the word of God completely. T     hey can take the Bible, and tell you the solution for any problem that you might be having.         However, there is one problem with these fellows, and it was the same one that I had.       They know all about the God that they serve, but sadly they don't know the God that they should be loving.         In other words what they lack is called relationship.
I had a chance to talk with John a few minutes.       He did most of the talking, and I could tell right away that he was under conviction about the way that he was living.        He was living with a woman that goes to church every time the door opens.       He don't go with her, because he would rather drink his beer.       He even said to me that if he did go that he would go drinking, and drink when he got home.        He even said that if he could figure out how, that he would drink while he was there.       I made the statement that Jesus had a solution for that problem.        He just said while shaking his head that he knew.
He went on to tell me if he did go it would just be to appease what man expected of him.        It would not be what he wanted to be doing.            John is in trouble.....serious trouble!!         Please say a prayer for my buddy John, because God has a plan for him.          His rebellion is standing in the way.                            How do I know this?
The highway patrol had already pronounced John dead one night, and he was shot in the back of his head by a shotgun.         The officers held his head up to take a picture of him.         He was laying in his truck when he heard a voice calling out to him to get up.        This went on for a few minutes, and finally he rose up.          There was nobody around him at the time, because he was dead as far as the paramedics were concerned.           The coroner finally got on the sceen.          They were shocked when they went to gather his body up, and John spoke to them!!
               Would y'all classify this as a miracle?                      I sure do, and it qualifies in my book that God has something special for this man to do for Him!!
I don't know why John is rebelling against God so hard.                The fact is that he is.             If I don't do anything else today there is one thing that I wish to accomplish.         If I can get everybody that reads this post to say a simple prayer for my friend that he might surrender his life over to the will of the Almighty God..............Then I have done something worth while today.           Thank You!!

….........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment