www.billofrights.org

Monday, October 21, 2013

I Am A saved Sinner

Ain’t God good?    I was a sinner, and now I am a forgiven sinner!!    OH my goodness,….He didn’t just say that……Did he?   Yes I did say that, and I am the reason that Jesus came to this earth. Matthew 18:11  For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. I was lost, without any hope of a life short, of living in the fires of Hell.
I also was sick to the point of standing on the edges of Hell. I was trying to kill myself, because I just couldn’t wait to get there. Is that sick or what?  Mark 2:17  When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

I have a problem when I listen to most those that teach the Word of God. I am not saying that all of them do this, but a lot of them do. About the only time that a person of God admits, to having any sin in their lives is after, that sin has been exposed. I am really talking on the National level. Those that grace the screens of our televisions, and have a lot of money to lose.

The key word here is money, and not the failed relationship with God. Matthew 6:24  No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Mammon means money, wealth, and riches.

Often times I do the wrong thing, and use the words of those that are acting like they are perfect, as a ruler for my life. We all know as Christians that we should use Jesus, as our standard. The reason that I use these humans, as my gauge is the fact, that the standard of Jesus is too high a bar, for me to meet.

 The problem is that I can’t even reach the bar, that these folks hold over our heads either!!
I am a man that sins daily!! Because of the fact, often times I feel like I really don’t belong, in a Christian setting. I believe that sin is sin in the eyes of our Father. We are the ones that gauge them as minor or major. I have heard preacher shout, and exclaim that if we engage in certain sins, that we have not really been Saved!! Wow!!   Now, I doubt my Salvation!!

Can anybody relate to any of this?    I might be the only one that goes though these things, but I really doubt it. I think that if we will go back to the book of Genesis, that we will find the culprit. Genesis 3:1  Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Oh yes I am!! I am saying that if Father doesn’t make but one sin more damaging that the others, (Blaspheming Holy Spirit) then is must be that subtil serpent, which we know as Satan.
In the book of John, Jesus has a comparison scripture, in which He called Satan the thief. John 10:10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I really like this. Not only did Jesus come to give me life, but a more abundant life!!

1Peter 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: I hope that we all realize that Satan has no boundaries, and is mission is one of death. 

Here in the book of job, he confirms what I just said, on different levels. Job 1:6-7 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. 7  And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

You might be thinking that I am trying to justify the fact that I sin. I am truly not, however if I were there has already been a provision established. Romans 5:18  Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

I have no real excuse for allowing, the sin in my life to manifest, other than the fact, that I still live inside this body of flesh. I was always taught that I can do nothing without Jesus. Actually in the book of John, Jesus says these words; John 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Ain’t that really good?      Without Jesus we, that is me and you, can do nothing. There is another side to this issue. Luke 1:37  For with God nothing shall be impossible. I will not lie to you about this. I know that when I accepted Jesus into my heart, and life things changed. Actually, a lot of things have changed. I am not the person that I used to be, by a long shot. Truthfully, everything has changed to one degree, or another. However, I am not totally sin free.    I still sin.    
Although, this is the truth, for this present day. I know that I am a work in progress!!  Jesus just has not finished with me yet.  I leave you with one more valuable thought from Paul. Hebrews 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Remember to look to the One which gave you your start!!

Ain’t God good?

      …..Much Love     

No comments:

Post a Comment