www.billofrights.org

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Cover My Commitment

Is anybody out there going through the reading, of the first chapter of Psalms, for twenty-one day’s?  I messed up and didn’t write the date down, when I started doing this reading. I think if I continue until the beginning of the third week in November that should cover my commitment. Twenty-one days is where the guarantee, to have more power, in my relationship with God comes into effect.
 
I really don’t think that if we go beyond those days, that a reverse effect will come into play. I am not sure what would really take place, but knowing Jesus, well………..Proverbs 10:22  The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.                 Don’t you just love the Word of God?    There is a verse for every situation found in God’s Word.

Psalms chapter one is a three step ways to achieve true happiness, in our lives, and they are contained in the first three verses. Verse one tells nothing except what a person shouldn’t do to be blessed. The amazing thing to me is the fact that it only bring out three points. Although, these three point could branch out into enough information, to write the entire Bible to cover it.       Oops!!      Too late!! 

Psalms 1:1  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

The first thing that it says not to do is to walk, in the council of the ungodly. All my life growing up I have heard my elders talking about the ungodly things that were happening. I just thought that something was wrong with them, and the biggest thing was fear of change. I simply figured that they were resisting the changes taking place, in our society, at that time.

One of my greatest fears a while back was the fact that I was becoming like them. I live in a society today, which are continuously spitting in the face of God!! We kill babies on demand, and call it a legal abortion. Well,…..Did God change His mind? Exodus 20:13  Thou shalt not kill.  I did read the verses around this one, and He didn’t mention any special stipulations. 

The homosexuals are demanding that they be given the right to marry each other. Truthfully, being a homosexual is going against the Word of God, on several different levels. Now as bad as that is, the President of the United States is backing their movement. 

Honestly, in my personal opinion, the ungodly are making all the laws, in America today. I can’t say that there are no Saved people making these laws, which we will be living by. However, I know if there are any that they are severely out numbers!!

I don’t believe, that God is calling for us to have, an all-out rebellion in this verse. I do believe that He is telling us, that this should not be the place, which we are to seek our wisdom.   Will anybody care to agree with what I just said?      Moving on…..

The next two parts I would like to combine together, for a couple different reasons. The first one being the amount of space to write, about these issues. Not that I can’t take as much as I need to take. It just the fact, that I don’t want any of the readers, to lose attention, before I get finished. The second reason is simply, that one idea compliments the other idea well.

I believe that it hurts, if not kills our Christian testimony, if we stand in the way of sinners. Nobody really cares for somebody else nagging us, about the lifestyle that we are choosing to live. Often times we know that we are not living right, when we are living in our sin. I believe that our job as true believers of Jesus is to live be example. Matthew 5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Sin has its consequences before the point of death in most of our lives. If we don’t feel the pain of these consequences we will never come to know true repentance. Pain is the great motivator in our lives, and I can’t think of anything more painful, that the next ingredient. Holy Spirit is the master of revealing pain, while showing our sin to us!!

Every person that was ever born, other that Jesus, was born with a defect. The proper terminology is a sin nature, and if this sin nature is not dealt with, before we pass on through, it will be Hell to pay. There are not but two choices, and Father told us what to choose. Deuteronomy 30:19  I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: That is blatant, but lots of folks still don’t get it.

I really need to get to moving here, before I run out of space. The reason that we should not sit in the seat of the scornful is simple. It kills our testimony of the true love, which changed our lives dead!! Sinners or folks in general, remember the hurtful ways that they are treated. We all do. The ones that try to say that they don’t pay any attention to these things are the ones that are affected the most. 

I am working seriously hard are not sitting in that seat. Hurt people hurt others, and I am guilty. I would like to at times think that I am better than others. Deep inside of my heart I know that I am no better than anybody else. When it comes down to realizing the shape that I was in, and still how close that I still am to that shape, I don’t know why Jesus even bothered with me. However, I am sure glad that He did!!

Actually, we are all in the same situation. We are all sinners. We all need a Savior. Jesus is that Savior, and only does Jesus qualify for that position!! John 15:12  This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Do you think that Jesus was joking when He said this?      Me neither!!    It is hard to love a lot of people, and I used to be one of them!!        Ain’t God good?

       ….Much Love    

No comments:

Post a Comment