www.billofrights.org

Monday, October 14, 2013

The True Power

Good Morning World!!     It simply thrills my heart to be able to bring the World, a special message from the Lord. I am amazed at the good folks, which allow me to come into their homes, each and every day. This was not happening, until I turned the control of this blog, over to Jesus.    Ain’t God good?
I was listening to the radio the other day, and Charles Stanley’s program was on. He said something that seriously caught my attention. He stated if we as Christian people wanted more power in our lives, there was something that he would guarantee, that would deliver the power.

Well, I thought,…..I really need more power in my Spiritual life. After all we are engaged, in a full time battle, with our adversary the devil. I do enjoy the times that I am engaging in victory, a lot better than those times of defeat. I am sure that none, of you readers know much about, the agony of defeat. However painful it might be to admit this, there is a reason the phrase “iron bottom,” fits me well. 

Dr. Stanley went on to say that there was a chapter in the Bible, of only six verses. It is the first chapter in the book of Psalms. If we will read those six small verses twice a day, and meditate on them, for twenty-one days, we will receive more power. He went on to say that if we would do this, there is no way that we can come out, without more power, in our Spiritual lives. 

In 1999 I spent a year on a farm, going through discipleship training. We were to memorize verses from the Bible, and this just happened to be one of those verses. I didn’t remember it if you are wondering, because that was thirteen years ago. However, it did come back in a couple days. I was amazed how the Word simply came back to my memory, in that short amount of time.

I have made up my mind to memorize more verses, from the Word of God, because I believe there is power, in the Word of God. It is a hidden power, and to tap into this power requires memorization of the scriptures. You might be asking, “Why do I need to memorize, why is reading not enough?”

Reading the Word is one way that Christians get the power of God into their lives. It has been said that, “a week without the Word, makes a person weak.” I know that it is really important to read the Word every day. We go into battle every day, and the Bible contains the Spiritual food that we need to win.   Don’t you want to win every time?   Can I pry a little?    What would be an acceptable win-lose ration, in your life?

Our victory is found on the pages of the Word of God!!    Can I give you a couple examples?   Let’s go back to the beginning. The Word is powerful enough to create all that we know, as the world, which we live in, and beyond. When Jesus was handling Satan’s temptations, He spoke the words, “It is written….” Actually, the only defense that we have against Satan is the Word!!

I know that I still have not explained the importance, of taking the Word into memory. The answer is found in the second verse, of Psalms one. Psalms 1:2  But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
 
Can you see what we are talking about?     Take a minute to read this verse, and allow your Spirit to guide you into all truth. (John 16:13)   If you still don’t get it, and need some help, that is why that I am here. The end of this verse is where your memory will leap into action!!            How can you meditate day, and especially at night, if you haven’t memorized the Word of God.?

I generally wake up a few times during the night, for various reasons. Every time that I woke last night, I was meditating, on the first chapter of Psalms. It gave me flash backs of the time that I spent on that farm memorizing those verses. I remember waking during the night, with scripture meditations running throughout my Spirit. Truthfully, recalling those times brought a smile to my face. I forgot the power of memorizing scripture.

Holy Spirit lives inside of every Christian, and He needs us to give Him something to work with, if we want to receive power from Him. Holy Spirit…….I am sorry, that I can’t put this in an all Spiritual way. Please forgive me if you are offended by what I am going to say next. Holy Spirit is like a junkie for the Word of God!!  When you feed Him the Word, He wants more. The more that you supply Him with, the stranger He will act. He will start waking you up in the middle of the night, to reveal things from the word to you. 

Listen to what Jesus said about Holy Spirit.
John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

There is awesome power in the Holy Spirit. The reason that He has all that power is the fact, that He is God. There is awesome power in the Word of God. Everything about God is sheer power. With all of this awesome power, we often miss the true meaning of our Father, because it all comes back to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. With all this power, and probably even more than we realize, it breaks down to a four letter word.  1John 4:16  And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Love: tap into the true power of God!!          Ain’t God good?

       ….Much Love        

No comments:

Post a Comment