www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

God Hath Given to us Eternal Life

I met a man today at the library. We were both on the second floor, going down to the first floor. It seems like a lot took place in this ten second ride. Actually it was a little longer, but not much. I was getting into the elevator, as he came hurriedly through the door. He said, “Go up or Down.” I told him that I hoped it was going down. The he replied, “Not all the way to hell is it?”

I quickly assured him, that if I was on the elevator, that it wasn’t going that far down!! He said that he didn’t believe in Hell. I quickly responded with, do you believe in God? He said that he didn’t believe in a God that would send you to Hell. As a matter of a fact, he did not believe that there was a Heaven.
As the doors opened he ran out shouting that I need to read the book of Zachariah. At least it sounded like Zachariah. However, he did say that I could find it on the fourth floor, in the library.

As I made my way out the door, I was replaying this quick event in my mind. I have decided that I didn’t fail to witness to this guy, because he never gave me time. He staggered me at his confession that he did not believe in Hell, Heaven, or God. The fact that at that came to light in a ten second elevator ride leads me to believe that he is under conviction. Holy Spirit is dealing with that man!!

The reason that I believe that Holy Spirit was dealing with him, was the fact, that he revealed too much, and way too fast. He just got on the elevator with a guy that doesn’t think that Hell is a joke!! In the book of Isaiah there are several different mentions of Hell.  Isaiah 5:14  Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

Really, I don’t understand, what make people not believe, that there is a hell. Jesus talked about the fact that there was a Hell. Matthew 10:28  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Jesus did not spend a lot of time talking about Hell. I think that was because He was more concerned with doing good. Jesus is the giver of life. He only gave death to one fig tree, in His ministry. This can be found in the book of Matthew chapter 21, and starting in verse 18. There is a biblical lesson in this action, which I can’t explain right now.

Actually, my run in with this guy showed me a few things, about his belief system. He had no solid ground to stand on, because he is Spiritually dead. He has not even had a chance to live yet. Without the Saving grace of our Lord, and Savior Jesus Christ, none of us have anything close to life!!

The same run in, with this guy showed me a lot about myself. The first thing was the fact, which I was feeling like I failed to lead, this guy to the Lord. I knew that he was in serious trouble, and I did nothing to change his mind. I did nothing to lead him to Jesus, because I knew that Jesus was where my only hope had been found. 

I know that Jesus Christ was my answer to a miserable life. In fact the only reason, that I even cared about this other person, had to do with Jesus in my life. I realized after that few second encounter how blessed that I really am. I have a heart that is concerned with the things of my Lord. What matters to Jesus really matters to me!! I know where I came from, and the things that I have come through. I know who brought me through all this madness!! I give praise to King Jesus who loved me, even when nobody else could. 

Proverbs 18:24  A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

Jesus is my friend that stays closer to me than a brother. I have never had a brother, but I know that sometimes family, can be your worst enemies. Family can be your worst critics, but I have found that Jesus is not a problem.  There is something else that I have about Jesus. Actually, just one I want to point out right now. I am still learning things about Jesus, and I probably will forever. 

This is something that just learned, and I will share this with you. Revelation 1:18  I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. I don’t know if there is a physical key to Hell, or simply at the Word that Jesus might speak. I doknow that if Jesus has the task of controlling the entrance of Hell, that I will do well choosing Him, and His way right now!!

John 6:35  And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

I am going to finish this post with some verses that the Apostle John wrote about Jesus. 1Jn 5:11-13  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12  He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13  These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Ain’t God good?

       ….Much Love              

No comments:

Post a Comment