www.billofrights.org

Monday, October 21, 2013

To Ponder..

I was just sitting around the other day, in a pondering mode.  Do you ever just care to sit and ponder?     I can tell you that I haven’t always been able to ponder. There was a time when my mind wouldn’t slow down long enough to ponder. If you are confused about the definition of the word ponder, then be confused no more. It means to reflect deeply on a subject. 

I praise Jesus for my ability to stay, on one thought more, than a few seconds. The apostle John quoted Jesus, and He said this; John 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

I love this verse!!  I never had peace until Jesus took over. I especially like the fact that it says to let not our heart to be troubled. I tend to take Jesus at His Word, and I put Him to the test often. I stopped worrying about the big things a couple years back, and I am trying to do the same with the small stuff. The small stuff gives me the most problem.

Solomon wrote this little nugget, about the small stuff. Song of Solomon 2:15  Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.  Now the little foxes are the rats that destroy the vineyard. I wonder if he realized what he was saying would plague most of mankind? 

You will probably have no problem believing, that I have already gotten off track. I really want to share the results, of my deep ponderings. I think that if we would all get this one thought based in our heart, and in our head. Your Spirit man already knows this, and is desperately trying to incorporate this in our thought, and in our action.

Holy Spirit lives inside of every born again believer. The problem is that we never allow Him to minister, the deeper things of God to us. Every now and then, we simply have to slow down, and get really quite. We have to allow the thoughts, and entrapments of this world, which are pinging in our heads, a million miles an hour, and bouncing off our skull, to stop.

“Well,….That sounds really good James.          One question though.          How do we stop this madness?”   It might take you a long time, if you’re trying to do in your own power.  I have had this battle until I learned to calm the storm in my head, like Jesus did calm the storm on the sea. Mark 4:39  And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

If you will notice this was more than speaking words. He stood up. He showed the action that He was serious. Then Jesus rebuked the wind. I have no idea what that Jesus actually said to the wind, but this is one of the questions that I would love to ask Him. Look closely, because He rebuked the wind, and spoke to the sea. I would have thought that Jesus could have accomplished this, with just the Words, which He spoke. 

It was a two action movement that caused this storm to develop, and the same is in your mind. Rebuked the thoughts, and in Jesus name speak, Peace, be still to your brain. Calm that storm inside your head, that is affecting every part of your being!! Once everything calms down you will hear Holy Spirit speaking with you. You must remember that we were created to have a relationship with God, and Holy Spirit is God!!

Now that we all know how to God handled, this madness inside of our heads. We can move onto my original thought for today. 

I am always amazed about the goodness of God, when we turn over control. He really is just looking for a crack in our lives to fill up with the things that we need. Father always knows what we need, even in times that we are confused. This is truly the best win-win situation that we will ever have offered to us. Nobody on this earth, or anywhere else will ever top what Father delivers!! There are other offers out there, but nothing compares to the reality of God.

Do you really understand that our time on this planet is the worst that we will ever have it? This is the most pain that we ever endure. I am talking about all forms of pain, physical, mental, emotional, and all others that I didn’t mention. We are going through a complete makeover, into a glorious state, that I doubt that we can even imagine what it will be like.

These short years on this planet is preparing us for another world!!  Paul wrote this, and I believe that Paul was talking from the experiences that he had.  1Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Once that we face the victory of death. Only we Christians are able to link these two words together. There is only victory in the death of as Christian. Nobody else can even come close to making this claim. 2Corinthians 5:8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. Have you ever noticed that the way of the Lord goes well beyond common knowledge?      Ain’t God good?

      …..Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment