www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Then Jesus Said Unto Them

Do you ever get confused, at all the different messages, going throughout the world today? Please allow me to break it down, to just one belief. I know that there are many out there, but I want to focus on the Gospel, of the Holy Bible. I personally prefer the King James Version. That is probably for a couple reasons. The first one is that it was the Bible of the generation, which I came up with. The second is the fact that I trust that version. I believe that every Word of that Bible will fall under this scripture. 2Timothy 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

A large part of my testimony has to do with issues of trust. That is the way that I grew up, and I am not bitter about it now. I can see how it worked to my good, in the long run. I had to learn to trust Jesus. I had to learn to trust the Bible. I had to learn how to have faith. When I first encountered this scripture I didn’t understand what it was saying. Romans 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I found it to be confusing, because I couldn’t understand how, it could be possible. How could just hearing the Word of God increase my faith?       I still don’t know how it actually works. However, I now realize that it does. There is something life changing, about the Word of God. It starts working on your thought process first, and then it oozes into your actions. 

Jesus said that the Words that He speaks are life, while talking about the Spirit. John 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. When Jesus came on the scene He often said things that some folks, simply could not understand. The Words which He spoke were at that time very radical, and on the cutting edge. The generation that Jesus was dealing with at the time was split. At the time when Jesus came you were either classified as Jewish, or a heathen. 

The Jewish people couldn’t understand why Jesus would have any dealings at all, with non-Jewish people. This was especially hard on the priest of that day, because they were people of ritual behavior. They were used to doing the same thing over and over. 

Jesus had a new plan, and different ideas. He came to set all the people free from their sins. He was the Messiah, who had been prophesized, since the beginning of the world. You would have thought, that the priest of that time, would have known, and been looking for Him. However they could not accept Jesus, as the Messiah. They even accused Jesus as having a devil in Him. 

There was a time when Jesus raised a lot of controversy. He started saying things like.  No…this is what He said exactly

Joh 6:53-58  Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. :54  Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55  For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56  He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57  As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58  This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

For lack of a better way to put this, Jesus raised a whole lot of stink, when He said that!! The Word says that at that very moment a lot of Jesus followers. Actually the Word says that many of His disciples walked away, never to return again. This was the turning point, for some of the ones, which had been following Jesus. That was more that they could take on that day. In other words, this was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

The original twelve were still standing there. Jesus asks, them a question, and Peter responded perfectly!!
Joh 6:67-68  Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? 68  Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

That is what I believe!! Going back to the first question that I ask. The teaching of today can be confusing. I believe with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my Soul, that Jesus is the only way back to Our Father!! I don’t believe that there is any other way, and there is no solution. You will always read this belief, in this blog, until the day that I am stopped, because of my belief.

 John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Ain’t God good?

        ….Much Love   

No comments:

Post a Comment