www.billofrights.org

Friday, October 18, 2013

The Counterfeit Jesus

Do you ever think that sometimes, we have too much information available to us? Now-a-day’s we have no less, than a millions different ways to learn, about our Lord. Most of those come through the internet, and still there are those that teach, without the use, of the internet. It is hard to believe, but there are Sunday school teachers all over, which never post anything on the web. 

During the seventies, while I was growing up, in a very small town in Alabama, population of three hundred, and fifty. We had two grocery stores, on each side of the town. They were really small, and did not have a lot of variety. Picking out your groceries for the week, wasn’t really that hard. 

It wasn’t long in a city twenty-five miles, from the town that we lived in, the opened a store called, “Warehouse Grocery’s.”  It was the largest store to shop in for food, in a couple different counties. Shopping for groceries became a little more, of a challenge. There were more variety, and more to choose from.

As large as that grocery store was, I don’t think it shines a light to the Super-Wall-Mart of today. Maybe it is just me, but I have been over-come with the issue of too many decisions. Please don’t take me wrong. I love to have the freedom of choice.  However, how many different green beans, do I really need to choose from?  If I do choose the wrong type, or the wrong package, it will not really be that big of a deal. I either eat what I bought, or I donate them for a worthy cause.

This is not the same with our Christianity. We don’t get more than one choice, and we have to make that one right. I am not saying that we don’t make some mistakes, because we do. There are folks out there teaching things today, that God has changed His mind. They are teaching that God is love, and He would never send a homosexual to the pits of Hell. They are teaching that it don’t matter what you do, that you still can go to Heaven. 

With all this different variety in the church today, we can pick and choose a plan of Salvation, which fits our individual style of life. It doesn’t matter how much of a child of Hell we act like during the week, if we will only attend a church service on Sunday.  All will be forgiven, and another week is here to do what we want to do!!
I really don’t care, or like any of these plans of Salvation.     Would you like to know why I don’t, and what my choice is?      The first part of my belief system is based on the Holy Bible.    You might ask way that book?   I really like the way that it starts out.   Genesis 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I need a beginning point. I need to know how all this started. After all, I believe that I have a certain amount of intelligence, and require more knowledge about, who this God is. 

Isaiah 55:9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

There went my certain level of intelligence!!              Ok,… Let’s recall really quick.       God = Creator…Check!!                God= Higher Intelligence….Check!!             Now, does this God have anything else to say, which we really should listen to? John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I don’t know about you, but that sounds like a solid deal to me.    Am I missing anything?  All that I need to do is believe on Jesus, and it is win-win!! I like that, but the truth is that I am still greedy. Is there any way that I can get more? Matthew7:24  Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Ok,…..I am starting to get this. All I need to do is what Jesus say’s. John 15:14  Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Mary was at a wedding in Cana once, and she gave the servants of that event, a golden nugget. John 2:5  His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. That is a strong statement, and it hold just as true today, as it did back then.   Wouldn’t it simply be good common sense to follow the Word, of the only One, that has the offer of true Salvation? 

We need to follow the Word of the living God, if we want the real deal. The world is full of counterfeit religions. There are folks in this world today, which claim that they are Jesus!! The one located in Miami Florida has his followers tattooing 666, on their bodies!!   That is why we need to read, and study our Bibles, so we can tell the counterfeit, from the real Jesus. 

Religion will send you straight to the pits of Hell!!  Jesus Christ has called us to a relationship with Him. Religion was the problem that Jesus has with the priest while walking on the earth. The Pharisee’s had religious things down to an art of telling people how to live, but the same didn’t apply to them.

Yes dear readers, we live in a society today where we can choose the religion, which fits our lifestyle. The honest truth is that a relationship with Jesus isn’t for everybody. When Jesus takes up residence in the heart of a person, He gets very possessive.  He wants to change everything in our lives!! I personally need a drastic change in my life, because I was killing myself, and couldn’t see what I was doing.

Matthew 18:11  For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

Ain’t God good?

           ….Much Love          

No comments:

Post a Comment