www.billofrights.org

Monday, July 28, 2014

Your Squeaky Little Eyeballs

Do you feel like there is something special about you? Do you walk around with an extra spring in your step, greeting those around you? Maybe you walk around under a very dark cloud of gloom and doom, expecting a storm to break loose over your head, at any given time. As Christian men and women, they say that were always in one, of three places. We are either heading into a storm, or in a storm, or just coming out of a storm.        Does that make sense to you?

Most of the time when I write it is usually aimed at Christian folks. That last statement is easily worn by human beings in general. The storms of life are not prejudiced, in any way. If it wasn’t for the storms in life, then we would have no reason to grow, and move forward. I have faced the storms of life with, and without the influence of Jesus Christ, in my life. I can honestly say that, the difference is night and day…..literally!!

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 
 
I don’t actually understand why this is, but I know from experience, that as Christians it really takes a while to grasp this truth. The Bible, which is the Word of God, is full of truth’s that only need to be applied, in our lives. I just heard some of you groan, and I hear your squeaky little eyeballs, rolling around, in their dry sockets!! That is alright, because I know that, I have got your attention now.

Do you realize what is wrong with the Word of God? Oh yes, there is something wrong with the Word of God, and there isn’t but one thing that is wrong. It is the second most important thing that, it takes to make the Word work for us.             Have you figured out what the one thing that is terribly wrong is?            It is us!!

We are the only thing wrong with God’s Word, because a powerful as the Word is. It is capable to heal, give life, change hearts, turn water into wine, raise a corpse back to life, after four days, and create a universe in which to play in, and make those to play in that universe out of a mud pie. To me that is an impressive look at what the Word of God is capable of doing, but that is only a small fraction of what it can do.

As great as all this is, the only flaw is found, in the recipient. We have a lot of trouble understanding how, and the way that it will make a difference in our lives. We stumble and bumble over the technical issues at hand. I don’t believe that our Father God ever told us, that we needed to figure this all out, for it to work for us. The only thing that we have ever been told that we need to figure out is the part about faith. 
 
What about faith? What is it that we need to figure out about faith? I really think that, I have missed that lesson. I don’t think that we have missed the part about faith. The problem with faith is the fact that we can’t put our finger right on what that it means to have faith. We believe that, our understanding needs to be on the same level, as the wisdom of God.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. 
 
Oh my,….I am thinking that this might be a problem. Could it be that we want to be more like Him, instead of trying to please our Lord? There is nothing wrong with having the desire to be more like Jesus, if it is done in the right context. This should be every Christians desire to be more like our Savior. Don’t you think that we should start out with a more humble attitude, rather than trying to nudge Him out, from under His throne? 
 
A lot of the attributes of the Father, we got in creation, because of being made, in the image of God. (Genesis 1:26) We need to learn how to control the good qualities, and place them in the right order, that they should be in to work out, in the way that is best, for our lives. Once we receive our Salvation, from the Lord, our next move should be the one that, King Solomon realized, to be the truth. King Solomon was the wisest man on the earth, according to God. With all his wisdom this is what he came up with.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

I don’t know what you think about this saying from the wisest man. It seems pretty basic to me, but I am going to give him full credit, because I believe that he hit that nail, right on the head!! There is no other possible conclusion, for me to work with, because I feel that he is right. To fear God to me is to love God. He deserves all the respect possible, as our Creator, and as the Creator, of all that we ever will know. Keeping His commandments are not grievous according to the Apostle John.

1John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.


We are the only flaw, in the Lords perfect plan, for our lives. He wasn’t shocked to find this our either. He already had made provision, for our inadequacies, with everything that He did. (John 3:16) If we could ever realize, just how much, and how deep His love runs for us, it would take some of this pride, which we have to jump ahead, with our trying to please Him, in the wrong way.

There is another example that I want to show you about the power of the Word of God, in spite of us, who God acknowledges as His greatest creation.

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Ain’t Our God Awesome?

..Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment