www.billofrights.org

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Which Bible?

The more that I read, and study the Word of God, the more interesting, that it gets. I really prefer calling our Bible, the Word of God. There are several different bibles, in our society today, and some of these have nothing to do with our Lord. There are Bibles that do have things to do with our Lord, but cheat Him of certain power. Any book that is considered authoritative, in its particular field, is considered to be a bible. There is only one, Word of God, and that one is just enough, for us to know the things of our Lord.

Most Christians do recognize the King James Version, of the Word of God, as the most accurate version. Some folks think that, this version is too difficult to understand, and I always thought that it was supposed to be difficult, if not impossible. Isn’t that like telling Jesus, after we receive Salvation, “I got this now, and Holy Spirit was a mistake to begin with!!” Doesn’t that sound ludicrous? 
 
Maybe I am simply more ignorant than the average bear, but my understanding, of the Word of God, didn’t come without great and powerful help. I needed God Himself, to explain to me the things, which He wanted me to know, from His Word. Therefore Holy Spirit had a purpose in my life, like was written about in the Bible.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 

When is this Spirit of truth going to come? I need someone to guide me in this way, because I am having trouble understanding. The Spirit of Truth is the same Spirit, with different names. He is known as the Comforter, and also as Holy Spirit. Whatever name that He is called by; He is still, the third part of the Holy Trinity, which makes Him God. 
 
Once we receive Salvation, because of us accepting Jesus sin offering, in place of our own. This means that we repent, of our sin, realizing that we could not appease God, with anything less than, the sinless blood of His Son. We are immediately adopted, into the family of God. At this point and time, God comes to live, on the inside of our hearts, in the form of Holy Spirit.

There are those of us who think that we receive Salvation from the Lord, but never do. The reason for this is because, we either try to get this need met in our life, by anyway other than the way that, the Word of God tells us to, or being misled. I honestly think that some churches are more worried about numbers, than the souls of the lost. When Holy Spirit shows the sin in a lost person’s life, it can be really heart-breaking.

What ever happened to folks, going down to the alter to pray, having Godly sorrow? Even those that profess having a relationship with Jesus shed few tears. I am not saying that the shedding of tears is foundational, of having a Godly relationship, but shouldn’t it start out that way? 
 
Getting back to speaking of Holy Spirit… I love Holy Spirit, because He has been the most influential source, in my walk with the Lord. He has come along side of me, teaching me the way that, I should deal with people. He is quick to call me on my attitude, when I am poorly showing it. When my speech doesn’t express the love of God properly, Holy Spirit tunes me right on in. I don’t have to express anything verbally either, because He is aware of what is going on in my mind. 
 
Now with all that being said, and I am grateful for His help, that is not the best thing, that He helps me with. The best thing is what He does, with the Word of God. Whether I am reading the Word, or listening to a live sermon being preached, or a pre-recorded sermon, on the radio, or on a D.V.D., Holy Spirit brings out what I need to know. It is not that He makes the Word come alive, because it already is alive. 
 
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 
 
That is what the word quick means in this verse. It is alive, and powerful!! The thing that Holy Spirit does inside of me is to make my Spirit agree with Him, that the Word is alive. He shows me that the Word is alive, and shows me the power of the Word of God. That is why that I need Him in my life, because without Him, the Bible is just a book of fairy tales. Do you know what I am saying?
 
In a land far, far away, where everybody lives happily ever after is what the Bible is without Holy Spirit. I honestly believe that is where people get this idea that, there are many roads to Heaven. We all start on a journey to get there, and will eventually make it. After all, there is no way that our good God, would send any person to Hell!! Go ahead and take another toke!!

I don’t know where all of that came from, but it does collide with the modern philosophy, of getting into Heaven somehow. There is no philosophy of getting into Heaven, neither old, nor modern. The only way to get there is the way that God says to get there. Mankind thinks that they have an answer, for all situations, but that doesn’t include our God. You cannot answer something, which you don’t believe in. 
 
1Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
 
Ain’t God Awesome?

.Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment