www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

More than a Conquer

Do you ever forget how thing were at one time? I was listening to Charles Stanley one day this week, and he was preaching, on the effects that, Jesus has on our lives. I was doing something else at the time, but I had to stop what I was doing, and listen to what he was saying. I love to listen to Charles Stanley. I like the way that, he goes straight to the truth of the matter, from the Word of God.

I love that particular sermon, because it reminded me, of the struggles that, I once was going through. I was a complete mess, at one time in my life. I am not trying to say that I have arrived, because that would be pure madness. I will say with complete confidence that, my relationship with Jesus has improve my life, in all areas.

Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

I just have to share this with you, before I get too far off track. Do you know, what that it means to be more, than a conquer? Bro. Gene shared this with me, while I was going through discipleship training. It is like a world heavy weight boxer, fighting for twelve grueling rounds, in a championship match. His body is badly bruised, and his face has been beat almost beyond recognition. Both of his eyes are almost swollen closed.

He has to have a friend help him get home, because of the damaged that he has endured. When he walks thought the door of his house, his wife meets him in the foyer. She quickly realizes the brutality, that the fight had on him, and is concerned. He smiles the best that he can, saying that he won, while handing her the million dollar check prize. My friend his wife was more than a conquer, because she has got all the reward, without any of the hassle. That is exactly what Jesus has done for us.

The part of my life, that I forgotten was, how desperate that I once was, trying to manage my pitiful life. Can anybody relate to this? Everything I touched would turn on me, because I was out of the will of God. I had decided years ago that, I was going to be better off without his presence, in my life. I am aware of how utterly foolish, that this sounds, because it was even worse. It was the worse choice, that I ever made, in my life.

I was suffering from Alcoholism, extreme drug addiction, and weird sexual perversions. I was a mess beyond anything that, I ever imagined possible. I lived in constant fear, and paranoia. I was always worried about the things that haven't happened yet. When they did happen, I would always say, that I knew that was going to happen. I got messed up a couple times, with a drug deal gone bad, and robbed a few times.

I was suicidal, homicidal, and was a thief. I had become the person that, my mother warned me about hanging around with. If that wont give you a complex, of a totally different nature, I don't know what would!! That is my past in a nutshell. I have done things that, I am not proud of, but I don't mind telling you about them. My story is not over, because I know that it will end well,.......very well.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.


I know that I post this verse often, but this is a key verse to every good thing, that a person can ever hope to have. Don't you realize that, if this was the only verse, in the Word of God, that it would be sufficient? If we could just grasp this verse, and the magnitude of this verse, we could experience Salvation, with only one verse. Can I make my point?

It starts out by saying, that Jesus saith unto him. If we didn't even know who Jesus is, it wouldn't matter at this point. Who was the him that he was talking with? Simply said the him is you, me, and everybody else. Once we can get that on the inside of us, we can move forward. OK, we still don't know who this Jesus is, but He says that He is the way. The way to where? Apparently this man named Jesus feels that He is one up, on the rest of us, with a new concept, that we need to know about. I need to hear more.

Then He says that He is also the truth. That is a very bold statement. Don't He realize that we have been told so many lies, and mostly by the ones, that claim to love us? We have actually told so many lies, that we are confused, by our own lies. We live in a lying culture, and have had many years of training. Most of us wouldn't even know what truth was, if we were staring the truth in the eyes!! However I am willing to listen to more, but I don't want anybody else to know that, I am intrigued now.

He said, I am the way, the truth, and the life. You know,......this man must be offering me a new life, because I have never heard this bold of a speech before. I have heard some really slick talk, and I have been guilty of slick talking before. There is something different about, this man named Jesus. The truth is that I really want, and need a new life, because I have messed this one up. My life is out of control, and I need a fresh start, with a new identity.

What was that last like that He said? No man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Who is this Father that He is talking about? Why would we even want to come to Him? Yeah,.....i know!! The Father is God the Father, and this must be the Messiah, that was prophetically foretold, in that old book.
By this time the Holy Spirit, has already confirmed in your spirit, that you are standing on Holy Ground, and looking into the eyes, of the Son of God!! Your sin has never been more apparent to you, in your life, and it is time to make a decision.

This has been one of the more pleasurable, blogs to write. I really do enjoy letting the world know, just how Awesome ,that my Jesus is. Most of the world doesn't ever realize that, He is alive today, and still in control. My prayer is that no one would be left behind, but that will not happen. However every person that we tell, no matter how they accept it, we have planted a seed. A seed of hope!! Don't we all need a seed of hope? Ain't God Awesome?

.Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment