www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Are You a Conformist?

Father God in Heaven only you know why my new version of Open Office has hijacked, and took over my Microsoft Word files. I am very disappointed with this change, but I am apparently powerless, because of my lack of computer savvy. All I ask of you, in this situation is please allow me, to keep blogging like, I am used to writing.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Do you believe what that verse is implying? Do you believe that this verse is implying, because my Open Office, has moved in, and taken over, will work together for my good? I know how silly this must sound, but I believe that it will. Do you want to know why? It is because I fulfill the qualifications, of the rest of this verse. I have been called according to His purpose.

Well that is not fair, because we don’t know what His purpose is? Do you know what it is James? If you do, then are you going to tell us, so we will both know? Gladly,…..because this is what I do, and it is part of His purpose, in my life. The answer is found in the next verse.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

My job is to be conformed, to the image of Jesus. What did Jesus do, while He was on the earth that, we are able to emulate? I don’t believe that, most of us have the faith that it would take, to raise the dead, so that is out. The same goes for making the lame, and crippled to walk, and calling the blind and deaf, to see and hear. However,……

We can bring glory to the Father like Jesus brought glory to the Father. All we need to do is glorify, the name of the Father, to be conformed, to the image of Jesus. Oh, and one more thing.

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

The more that we struggle, against our being conformed the worse that, it will hurt. We are going to go through this process, no matter how painful, that it might be to us. When we signed on, for the free gift of Salvation, this is just a vital part of the deal. Did you not understand the complexities of being conformed to the image of Jesus?

Our Father which art in Heaven, hallowed by thy name. Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty. Thy Kingdom come, and thy will be done, on the earth, as it is in Heaven. Are you getting the picture? Ok, as if it wasn’t going to be tough enough, being redesigned, into the image of Jesus, he had this to say.

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

I am sorry that I am having a great ole’ time writing this, and I am openly laughing as I write. This used to be some bad news to me, before I learned to let go, and let what will be,…be. Becoming like Father, Jesus, or Holy Spirit is an outstanding glorious event, for any human being!! Ain’t that an awesome thought, that our Creator wants, for us to be just like Him?

Jeremiah 18:6 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.
I cannot think, of any better hands, to be in other than those, of a loving Father God. I know that sometimes thing are painful to us, in as many ways, as there are people. We have all lived depraved lives, and we all were stained deeply with sin. Sin is sin, in the eyes of a Holy God. We are the ones that, try to make our sin different, so that we will feel better about sin, in our lives.

Just too honest with you, and put sin in perspective, in the eyes of our God. You might not have committed but one sin, while you were a child, and that was talking a piece of gum, from the store. You might have only committed one sin, when you were forty years old, and that was gunning down, a church full, of Holy men and women. I realize that these were extreme examples, but we serve an extreme God!! The punishments for both offenses are the same. They are both a Capital punishment offense, and both require the death penalty.

Don't we have a great God? If we would simply slow down with our lives, and re-prioritize the things that are most important, or should be the most important things, in our lives, then we can actually breathe. Where does the Lord Jesus Christ fall, on your list? How close to the top is He? Job, family, friends, then maybe Jesus? Friends,......Jesus should be at the top, because He is everything that we need.

Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
 
Ain't Jesus Awesome!!

..Much Love




No comments:

Post a Comment