www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Who Wooda Thunk It?

Who wooda thunk it? No,….that is not an error in typing. This is just me, using one of these southernisms that I grew up understanding and I use them, from time to time. They are engrained within me, because of the area, of the world, which I grew up in. I have grown up, in the southern part, of the United States of America. Down here we just call it the south, and I am proud of my heritage. I am not very happy with some of the things that the south has been guilty of doing. Even though, I am still happy about my heritage.

Who wooda thunk it,” is a phrase of extremely asking the question of whom, would have thought that, it would have ever been this way. My focus is on the country, that I live in. I write this same old story, in a different way, every couple months. Our nation has gone buck wild, or completely come of the chain, or any other way, that says we have lost our mind will fit. 
 
There are several different problems that cover our nation like, the plagues of Egypt, back in the days of Moses. I don’t know if any, of these problems are any worse, than the others. They all slap a Holy God, in the face daily. I believe that, if we would look through the eyes, of our God, that idolatry would rise to the top, of His list. Does that make sense to you? That seems to be the most troublesome problem, with all nations, in the past. The outcome has always been the same, with any country that have put anything above the One True Living God, and that outcome was death.

Deuteronomy 5:7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me. 
 
I believe that this is the main problem, that we face, in the United States. I know that our country is not, the only one that is guilty of doing this, but it is the only one that I live in. If you recall, in the Word of God, that the Lord said, that He would bless those that, blessed the nation of Israel. Seeing how the Word of God is true, I believe that is why the United States rose to great power, along with the fact that we once were a Christian nation. Any nation that puts the God, of the Bible first will always rise, in great power. 
 
As Christians we know that this is not taking us by surprise, because the Word of God is being fulfilled. We have a complete advantage over the world, because we can read the Word, and have it translated by Holy Spirit. I can’t speak for nobody other than myself, but being a creature of habit, I really don’t like what I am seeing, because I understand that these things must come to pass, before we can go home.

John 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

We are on the edge of eternity, and will go through perilous times. We will face persecution of the likes have never been seen, or thought about in this country. We were at one time a place of safety, for those who wanted to love, and worship the Lord of creation. We will be placed on public display, and tortured to the point of death, then the grand finally will be the removal, of our heads. I would imagine that it will be just like the Christians being thrown into the Roman arenas, and the heathen laughing, and cheering at our death.

Jesus had a little something to say about these things, for some reason, I find this serious matter humorous. I realize that it is just my twisted sense of humor, but the way that this verse ends simply tickles me. 
 
Luke 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 
 
Speaking of twisted, the nation that I live in today is all twisted in their priorities. We serve many gods in this nation, and they all have different names. Money and power are the gods, on top of the list. We worship many people in this country. The more famous that you are, the higher on the god list you go. Most actors, and actresses are high on that list, and they don’t even realize that their talent came from God. The same goes for those, that in the music industry. Most of those gods give no credit to the true God for their talent, and that if they have any talent. Have you noticed that, a lot of the gods seem, to have little real talent?

Have you ever thought about the money that, those on the famous list make? Even those in the world of sports make more than I ever thought would be possible. Most of the sporting events are on Sunday, which is the day that most of us who worship God, do worship God. There are gods found in everything that human being take any pleasure in. we have chef’s that we see as gods, who cook food. The world of business has their set of gods. I guess that you get the picture.

You might be reading this, and thinking that, I have lost my ever-loving mind. I can remember feeling that way about some folks in my past. The truth is that I hope that you are correct, and I am wrong. There isn’t but one problem with that though, and it is the fact that I have read the owner’s manual. I might have the timing wrong, then again I really didn’t place a time on these events, but they will happen, and some of them are happening right now. 
 
I at one time very proud to call myself an American, but that was years ago. This is not the same country that I grew up in. Our values are not the same as they once were. There is something going on behind the scenes, of this country, where the military is being turned against the citizens, of this country. There is even some kind of movement against Americans, flying the American flag. There are things going on in this country, that are simply ludicrous. 
 
I am happy to say that I am a small part, in a greater plan, constructed by a great God, from the beginning, even before creation. Ain’t our God great?

.Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment