www.billofrights.org

Monday, July 14, 2014

Peeling Back the Layers

Since getting cancer, I am much more aware of the goodness, and grace that comes with a relationship with Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I can’t explain how that it came about. I can’t even tell you why, but I sure am happy that it occurred. I am talking about my new found realization; to be happy to have cancer would be ludicrous. I can’t even explain why everything seems to be in slow-motion. Even though there is a lot going on that I can’t explain, I do know this one thing; God is at work.

The Word of God is full of stories, of the graciousness, of our God. Even when it may seem that He is being mean, or cruel, with farther investigation, He always gives plenty of warning. Our Father is not the kind of father liken to our earthly father. He never simply hauls off and back hands us, because of the first time that, we create a wrong. 
 
1John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 
 
I would be lying to you, if I tried to tell you that, I understood the love, which God possesses. Maybe it is the fact of the way that I was raised or maybe, it is something else entirely different. I can’t even comprehend Agape love nor, do I understand it. Growing up I didn't experience an Agape love at home, and I am not saying anything mean, or judging harshly. Actually, I had nothing to gauge the love, that I had experienced at home. It would take me a few years, of my life of discovery, to even know anything of the love of God. 
 
This is just my personal opinion, but the love of God is like the onion. It has several layers. The top layer is always forgiveness. We have accept His plan of redemption, for our lives, through His Son Jesus. The first prayer that our Lord hears, coming from our heart, is a cry for forgiveness. Until we plead the blood of Jesus, over our sin, there is not a word that is heard. Once we pray that prayer, the scales fall from our eyes, and we are a part, of a brand new family.

The next thing is that, we are exposed, to the love of God. We begin to experience this love, in different ways. Salvation is a personal deal, and our relationship is personal also. It seems to me that, everything that I experience, with my relationship with Jesus, is tailor made, for me personally. Does anybody else feel this way? When we come together in church, it is in a cooperate setting, that we get our training, to carry us out the door, to use on the mission field, of our lives. While in church, don't we feel that, it is still a personal word?

Alright,...are you ready to peal this onion of Agape love, layer by layer? Me to, but I am not qualified. I don't even know the entire details. I do realize that there are a couple different layer close to the layer of forgiveness, which I personally am grateful, of their presence. Mercy is one of them. How many of you require a little mercy, in your lives? OK. Now, how many of you are like me, and greatly need a life completely full of mercy? 
 
I need great mercy from my God. I could afford to pay the price of sin, in my life. My life was totally corrupt, by my own making. I had rubbed elbows with Satan for so long, laughing and making fun, of those whose heads I used for stepping-stones to get what I wanted. I am glad that none of the readers were as bad as I once was, and I an capable of getting back to that place, if my focus gets off of Jesus. 
 
How do I receive all this mercy, because I need a lot of mercy also? We can ask for mercy, and Father will give us some. He gave us His Son Jesus, which we didn't deserve. Jesus paid the price for our sin completely; shed His blood, with His death, burial, and resurrection. We didn't deserve this either. With all this great mercy that, we receive because of Jesus, it is still not enough. We need mercy, in our everyday, walk of life. This mercy is dependent on us. To receive this mercy requires the action of us showing mercy to others.

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy
 
There is another layer, of the love of God, that I have to speak about. This layer is the grace layer. Grace is an unmerited favor, which is a close cousin to the mercy. I am no sure, but they are so close, that they might be twins!! In my life, I rarely find the one, without the other one being present. There is a great acronym for grace.

God's Riches At Christs Expense. That pretty much says it all, because once we come into the family of God, we receive it all!! There is nothing that, our new family is holding back from us. The rights of adoption are even stronger, that blood born. Once a person is adopted, into a family, that bond can never be severed. It will be forever, and if that wasn't a strong enough bond, Holy Spirit will put His seal upon the bond.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 
 
Isn’t that wonderful? When we made the decision to follow Christ, in our lives, it will change everything. The reason that it changes everything is because, we are coming into line with the way that things were meant to be from the beginning. We were always meant to have a relationship with Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Most folks don't even understand the magnitude, of that statement. We were created for Royalty, and there is none higher, than our Father!! Ain't Jesus Awesome?

.Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment