www.billofrights.org

Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Place of Foolishness

Good Morning!!   It is Thanksgiving morning, and I am still like a child when it comes to the Holidays, at this time of the year. Christmas is not a Holiday. It is a Holy-day!! It is a birthday, of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!! I don’t say happy Holiday’s during Christmas. I still say Merry Christmas with a smile on my face!!

Something has been rumbling through my Spirit this week. It appears that there is really not much trouble, with getting sinners, into the alter. Sunday morning service is a great time to see the move toward the alter in front, of any living church in America. Yes,….that is right,….any living Church is a key word. 

When you get older in this life you have the chance to compare different times in your life. Some things were better, and some are worse over time. I have noticed a difference, in the overall posture to the ones going to the alter, to give their lives over to Jesus. Now, I am not saying that this is the standard of operations, but it seems to be going in that direction. 

It seems like a slow motion capture effect. They waltz down to the front with a smile on their face. When they get there they take a knee, it they were being knighted, and bounce right up. On the way back to the seat, that is closest to the back door, they take time to shake, all the hands on the way. 

This leaves me discombobulated in wonder of what just happened. I am not saying, that these people can’t be Saved, because that is not my call. It is a rarity to see somebody in tears anymore crying out to God, to have mercy on them. It is even more rare to see them pray, for longer than ten minutes. 
It is my job to tell all those that will hear that there is a Savior. That we don’t have to burn in a Hell, which was never meant to inhabit humans. There is hope, and His name is Jesus!!

With all these things being already said, we can move on into today’s thought. The more that I read the Word of God; it seems that the biggest challenge is not to get folks to believe. The biggest challenge is to get those that profess that Jesus is the only way, to stay on the right path. 

I have come to a better understand why this is true. Our battle is one of a Spiritual nature. Satan doesn’t mess with the sinners of this world. There would be no reason to do that, because they are already his. It is once that we come to Jesus, which he turns the heat up on us. Before this event he pretty much leaves us alone.

Ephesians 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

 If we will read our Word very closely, we can tell, that most of the Bible is written, in this way. I know that we are to strive to know, and trust the Lord.  The best examples that we have in the Bible are the Apostles. The sad part is that they walked with Jesus, and still didn’t grasp it until later on.
One of my favorite verses, which I use to entice the Christian folks to pray, for this nation is this one.

 2Chronicles 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 

Once again Father is telling those of us, who say that we love Him, to get our act together, and do the right thing first. Then He will straighten the mess out, that we let happen.
Peter is talking about being humble, in the book of 1 Peter.  
1Peter 5:5-6  Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. 6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Am I just going crazy here, or can anybody else see what I mean?     One of the major reasons that this world, and especially the United States is in the mess, that it is, in is our fault. Now is not the time to get mad, and snort through your spiritual noses, at these words. It is the time to repent of the sins that we love to hold on to, and pray a prayer that Father will honor!!

The church has become a place of foolishness. The ratio of divorce in the church, and in the world is not much different. Neither is the murder rate. Yes,…abortion is as prevalent in the church also!! Sunday morning hangovers and drug hangovers are also common place, in the church. We can’t even give the Lord our undivided attention for two hours, because we need to text somebody, or somebody has texted us.

Check out what Jesus said in the book of Matthew.  Matthew 16:19  And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

According to this passage we are guilty of the shape that things are in. I say WE, because I am along with the Christians that are guilty. My mission here is to not point fingers at folks. My mission is to expose the wrongs in our lives, and to show how it can be better.

You might say that it is not your fault, because you have your ticket to Heaven.   WOW!!    I guess you have fire insurance, and that is all that you care about. That is really sad, if that is the way that you feel. I want to leave you with two verses for your consideration. The first one is Jesus speaking.  Mark 3:35  For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

The second verse comes from the book of first John. John was the one that had a closer relationship with Jesus, than the other disciples. John also wrote five books in the New Testament. 1John 2:17  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Just sayin’….       Ain’t God good?

          ….Much Love   

No comments:

Post a Comment