www.billofrights.org

Friday, November 22, 2013

How I Stop Most Arguments

I’ve heard this saying that everybody wants to go to Heaven, but no one wants to die to get there!! The strange thing is everybody doesn’t want to go. The fact is that some people simply can’t conceive the notion that such a place, even might exist, little lone actually does exist. There are folks that do not believe there is a God, a Heaven, or a Hell. My father was one of those kinds.

Daddy always said that he was not going to hell, because he was living in it now!! He didn’t believe there was any possible way, that there could be any place worse than this world. He lived to be seventy years, and died in the hospital, breathing thru less, than one-half of a lung. He had literately drunk, and smoked himself to death.

I wasn’t there the morning that he lost life’s battle. However, my half-sisters were there, and they stated that daddy received Jesus, on his death bed. I really found it strange that they would have said that. Especially when neither one of them knew Jesus. How would they have known anyway?  Have you ever seen a person trying to breath with half a lung?  Have you ever heard them?

Do you realize what the true gospel, or good news of Jesus is?  John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. This is the bare bones of the gospel. This is all that it takes to receive Salvation. If a person can just grasp this knowledge, with the aide of Holy Spirit, that the Salvation process does occur. John 16:14  He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Often times we take our prospect down what is known as the romans road. Romans 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: Then we pull out all the stops, and slap them head on with this scripture. Romans 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Suddenly we ease back on the throttle a little bit, and swoop this verse on them. Romans 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

I am really a huge fan of the Word of God. The more that I read it seems the more, that I am drawn to the Word. If I only had one verse to share with the lost, and dying world, it would have to be this one.  

 John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  

Aren’t you glad that we have sixty-six books, in our Holy Bible, filled with boocoodles of Words?
Well, as far as my father goes, I just don’t have much hope of every seeing him again. I have known folks accept Jesus on their death beds. I just can’t see him doing it. He had known that he was dying months, if not years before. I find it strange how people can’t reject the gospel of Jesus, especially at his age.

I went to the altar in my church at the age of seven. I really don’t understand that move either. I just knew that there had to be better, than I was receiving. I was miserable with my young life, and cried out to Jesus!!

I don’t know that Jesus Saved me that night, because of the life that I have lived since then. Actually, I don’t have a clue when I was Saved, because of all the prayers of Salvation, which I have prayed. I have heard some preachers say that if a person doesn’t know, the exact time of Salvation, then it wasn’t real.

If one would ever say that to my face.   Do you know what I would do?   I would simply look him dead in his eye, with a big smile on my face saying, “You might be right.” That is how I stop most arguments, before they get fired up. 

There is a way that I know for sure that my Salvation is real. Actually, there are a few of them. I will share two with you. 1John 3:14  We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. Romans 8:16  The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

It’s good to know that you know!!        Ain’t God good?

        ….Much Love    

No comments:

Post a Comment