www.billofrights.org

Friday, November 8, 2013

The Death Sentence

Don’t you think, that the human race must be something to behold, from the stand point of God? My little mind can’t even phantom, why God doesn’t go ahead, and wipe the slate clean with us. I realize that He knows things, and see’s the things that I can’t even imagine.

 Isaiah 55:9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 

I heard Dr. Charles Stanley, making a statement about the wisdom of our Father, compared to the wisdom of us. He said that if we could take all the sand, from all beaches, of the entire world. That would represent the wisdom of God. Now, we only need to take one grain of sand, for the representation of our wisdom. I thought that was a great way to look at it, because I am a visual person.

I am getting to something, and it is because of something that I have been praying about. I messed around role playing, and ask to see things of the world, through the eyes of Jesus. Do you understand what I meant by role playing. I was trying to be Spiritual, and Father took me seriously!! I am serious when I say this is flipping things back over, where Satan has warped, and twisted my vision. 

The Bible is coming more alive, day by day, and taken on new light. Please allow me to share a couple verses that Peter wrote with you.
1Peter 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

 The first part of this verse is what rattles my Spirit, because I know how inadequate that I really am. Let’s look at the next verse that Peter wrote. 1Peter 4:18  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

You do realize that every person was born under a death sentence….right? Romans 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Without Jesus in our lives, we are heading to an existence, that was never made for a human being. Romans 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

OK,…let’s all take a deep breath, and say thank you Jesus for our Salvation!!  Well now that is done, we can all go back to doing the things, which make ourselves happy. We can join a church, and throw a few bucks in the plate as it passes by us, and life is good.      Right?     I mean all that is really left for us to do is to wait, until we die, and go to the land of eternal blessings!!

If this is what we are doing, and if this is the way that we are acting, something seems really wrong with this picture. There had to be a reason that Jesus even came to save us. It is true that we could not, or did not have to do anything for our Salvation. Like the twenty-third verse of Romans chapter six stated it was the gift of God!!

I just can’t understand why we think that settles the issue of our life now? I am not teaching that we can lose our Salvation, however I am saying that there is more to it. The only reason that we were created to begin with was to have fellowship with Father. Sixteen times in the New Testament Jesus said …Follow Me.

What are you talking about James?   That was for the ones that were close to Him to do. It is not for these modern times.
John 10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Ok,…I guess that would make sense, but why, or how can we follow Him now? The Apostle Paul wrote about this in the book of Romans. Romans 8:29  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

The hard core facts state, that we must die to find life. There is no other way around this fact. In these next verses will you notice that it says that Jesus told this to the people, and the disciples were with Him. Mark 8:34-25  And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 35  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Jesus didn’t save us so that we could do what we wanted to do. Actually, Jesus made it clear that we would suffer greatly in our flesh, if we were going to follow. Most of us don’t really live that long. There are few that make it past one hundred years old. This is really the best offer that anybody has ever received, and there aren’t but two choices.

Way back in the book of Deuteronomy Father told the Israelite nation what choice to make pointblank.  Deuteronomy 30:19-20  I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: 20  That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

When we make the right choice, it comes with a benefit package, that is out of this world!!   Ain’t God good?

….Much Love       

No comments:

Post a Comment