www.billofrights.org

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Giving Glory....?

It’s funny how so many Holiday’s come in these last months of the year. Tis the seasons of the Holiday!! Our next Holiday, which we celebrate here in the United States, is known as Thanksgiving. It is a tradition that started when the first surviving settlers of this strange new land, had their first feast, in honor of God. They were thankful for surviving the harsh cold winter. They gave thanks to the One that made all this possible, and they realized if it had not been for the mercy of God, that nobody would have survived!!

You really can’t tell by looking at our country these days, but we haven’t always been a heathen nation. This might be hard to believe, but the Bible was once a basic text book, in our school system. Even when I was a child in school, we gave honor to the Lord, with our prayers. The same is not true today in our school system, and in our country. 

What has not changed is our God, and His Word. Even as pitiful as things are looking right now in our country, and in the world, this verse, and every verse in the Bible still rings true. 1Thessalonians 5:18  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

As Christian people were to give thanks in everything, and situation. We are not to say, “Oh Lord, I thank you that I live in this heathen nation!!” That would be ludicrous. That gives no glory to the One that is Worthy of all glory.

 Revelation 4:11  Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Instead of giving thanks where Jesus gets no honor, this would be an acceptable prayer. “Oh Lord, I think you that I can let my light shine, in this miserable wretched country that I live in where You get little honor anymore.”     Ok, I must admit that I tend to go overboard with the things concerning my Lord. However, I believe that you get the jest of this matter.

Every day should be a day of thanksgiving, in the life, of every Christian. I want to look at King David again, because he really understood the things of the Lord better than I. In the book of Act’s the writer Luke writes, this about David.
 Acts 13:22  And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

That is really a bold statement. However, Luke is just the writer.     The true Author is God!!   Ain’t God good?     Psalms 100:4  Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

I don’t understand how unbelieving people, can make it a day, without being in the presence, of the Lord. I know that I have done it myself before, and I still can’t understand why I chose to go in that direction. I can’t make it very long without being, in the presence of God anymore. That why every day is a day of thanksgiving in my life!!

This verse is a command!! If we even want to come into His presence as a Christian we will have to walk through His gates. The only key that works on Fathers gate is the key of thanksgiving!!   What does that mean?    An attitude of gratitude!!

Hebrews 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. In this verse we are required to come boldly, before the throne. However, this is a totally different situation. This is the time that we are seeking something from our Lord.

To enter into Father’s gates, and to proceed into His courts we are not asking for anything. These are the times that we are giving.            Ok,….. Question time,…What this really all about?    Everything thing that has to do with Father, Jesus, or Holy Spirit is all about one thing.      RELATIONSHIP!!

We never take every time that we come in His presence, and we should never come into His presence without something to offer. Sometimes I think that our Bible should have been named, “How to have a relationship with our Father!!” That is what it is about.

Living a victorious Christian life is impossible for me to do. You might think that you are doing well, but I know that I struggle greatly. I have found that if I can simply remember that all this boils down to the relationship, I do better.  

Galatians 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

This is a wonderful verse in which we should be trying to live by.  The part about trying is for me. I will admit that I have many flaws. However, I am still on the potter’s wheel, and the Master is still working on me. I am a work in progress!!

I will stop right here, because if you are seeking a deeper Spiritual life, and a closer walk with Jesus, I have given you a lot to deal with today.

           ….Much Love     

No comments:

Post a Comment