www.billofrights.org

Monday, November 4, 2013

A letter of Love

I am a man that believes, in giving the Lord, what He asks, of my money. The truth is that I realize the hidden power in tithing. Something powerful, strange, and quite mysterious happens when I give the Lord my tithe. I know that the only reason, that any money comes in my direction, is a gift from Father. 
 
You might say that you have to work for every dime of your money. I don’t think that the Lord has anything to do with that!!   Why should I give Him any part of my money?   The strange thing is that I know exactly, what you’re saying. I used to think, and feel the same way. Actually, I went for years without give the Lord anything, other than a dose of a bad lip!! Even though, I reaped a harvest of corruption for my actions, it still had a deep layer of mercy added in with the harvest.

I believe that I had the same problem, as some of you have. I was missing the entire point of what the truth was about. I thought that it was a God that creates everything, which we know about, but that wasn’t quite enough. He wanted some of what I had worked really hard to get. Ok.   I ain’t scared to say what I was thinking. I thought that we had a God that was greedy!!

I was wrong in my thinking. God is not greedy, but He is jealous. Deuteronomy 4:24  For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.    Do you realize what makes God jealous?     It is His children!!    If you can every grasp the idea, of how much God loves us, it will change your life!!

Everything about Father goes all the way back, to the beginning.  The reason that we were even created, to begin with is to have, a relationship with Father. The fact that God ask us to tithe is based, on our relationship with Father. The truth is that only the ones, that are involved, with a relationship with Father will tithe.

Now, this is just the beginning. Please allow me to show you. Malachi 3:8  Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. You can clearly see that the tithe is one thing, but there is another called offering.

Ok.    I just wanted to show you that, because once again it goes back to the relationship. You must remember, if you don’t ever remember anything else. You need to remember why we were created to begin with, and it is the relationship factor!!  I don’t personally care if you ever tithe, or even give an offering. 

The money factor doesn’t affect me at all. I will never ask any of the readers to send me a dime!!    You might ask, “Why wouldn’t you ask?” Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.   I really wish that others could grasp a hold of this concept. Then there would be a lot less begging in Jesus name!!
All my needs are supplied in the name of Jesus Christ!! I believe it is because of my relationship, and trusting in the fact, that my obedience, in my tithe has everything to do, with this event.  Let’s get real for a minute.    Why would Father even need back this little bit of money?

Honestly, I can’t think of anything more that is written in the book of Malachi.  (Mal 3:10)  Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

The reason is that there will be something to carry the work of God on to somebody else. A chance for somebody else, to receive the love, that Father has for us, and them. Father does need for us to give Him one thing, but it is not our money. The only reason that He even ask us for money is the fact, that most of the time that is the most important issue with us. 

As human beings we generally don’t have a problem, with sharing our money, with those that we love. It is really sad to say, but that is why we don’t want to share with Father. We don’t love Him enough to build a wall of trust around us. We often feel, that any money that is given back to God, is money thrown away. Actually, that is so far from the truth, but that is not why we give. 

Even though Malachi verse ten states a great reward for the giver to receive, that is still not why we give. This is yet another verse with a great promise. Psalms 37:3  Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. However, this is still not the reason in which we do these things.

1John 4:19  We love him, because he first loved us. This is the reason for what we do concerning the Lord. I don’t mind sounding like a skipping record, on the record player, if you can grasp this one theme. Relationship: Relationship: Relationship!!!   The truth is that either we have one, or we don’t have a relationship. Those of us that do have a relationship need not compare ours, to those around us.

Simply because we are all different people, and as believers we are on a different level. If we can only accept our relationship with God, as who that we really are at the time, then we do well. Even though, that God does not change, we are ever changing, and evolving into something beautiful.  

Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Ain’t God good?

         ….Much Love   

No comments:

Post a Comment