www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Den of Thieves

I guess by now you know enough about me, that mistaking me for a scholar would be above each person’s, level of intelligence. I only say that to bring out the point if I notice something, that everybody else should notice the same thing, if looking in the same direction. Would y’all agree with that statement?

Honestly, I do not believe that any person should be esteemed over another person. There are some of us smarter than some others. Some have much more educational training, and some of us simply have more common sense than others. However, I am convinced that we all have something to contribute to life in general.

I know that I am getting way off track, but that is OK. I love to be around, and watch people that are happy. That is what my future home will consist of is folks, simply being happy!! Happy people attract me like a moth to a light. I had much rather be around a group of happy folks, than a bunch of rich or beautiful people. Beauty is truly skin deep, and riches are fading.

This has nothing to do with what I want to write about today. I guess if I had to name the theme of today’s post would be, the den of thieves. Jesus said this, after He drove the merchants, out of the temple. Let me add one of the verses found in the book of Mark, where He says this. Mark 11:17  And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Now, if Jesus went through the temple acting like a wild man, clearing out those that bought, and sold in the temple. I have a serious question for you; before I do I need to point out a couple things. That was only one temple, and only a limited amount of dealings going on at the time. 

With all that being said; how do you think that Jesus feels about this world today? Religion is a multi-mega dollar business in the United States every day. There are preachers living in mansions, and taking the money from those that live in shacks!! They always have a new word to receive money, from those that truly love the Lord. 

I am bold enough to call names when it is due. I watched Paula White on a program one day saying that she was receiving a word from the Lord. She went on for a couple minutes, and then finally broke the news to those that were watching. “The Lord told me that if you would send an offering to me of three hundred, and sixteen dollars, in accordance to John 3:16. That He would personally wipe your debt clean.” I ain’t got anything else to say about that either. 

I know that I am not crazy enough, not to notice, that it seems that most modern preachers, also author books. I am not against writing a book. My question is where do they find time to write a book, if you’re doing the work of the Lord? I have one better that that one.    Where do you find the time to set in Wal-Mart signing these books that you have wrote?

I get concerned when I hear the title of preacher, and best-selling author in the same sentence. How can a true man of God, find time to accomplish all these things, in the society that we live in? Worse than that, has the god that they serve gone bankrupt?  Why are they actually begging for money in Jesus name?   Why do they tell us that God wants to bless us, and He will for x amount of dollars sent to them?

I must confess something to you. There was a time in my life that I was caught up in this madness. I supported a few of these rich beggars in Jesus name. Would you like to know the names of all these super-rich people, whom I sent the tithe of my Lord to in error?  I really don’t mind naming them, especially if it will help anybody else to see the light. How about the rich Texan named Kenneth Copeland, and the mega-rich preacher from the bayou of Louisiana called Jessie Duplantis.  I also added to the wealth of Joyce Meyer, and gave only a couple times to Creflo Dollar.

Please don’t take me wrong, because as far as I was concerned, I was giving this money to the Lord.  I don’t regret handing this money over to a deceitful group, because I gave it all, with my heart, unto the Lord. I didn’t know better at the time, that I was doing this, but now I do.

This Spiritual corruption can be not only on our television sets, but on our radio stations that we listen to also. It is a business, and whoever has the bucks, gets the air time. Some of these outstanding preachers, on the radio, are not truly after the work of the Lord. 

In the Holy Bible, that we have in our homes. I have a question to ask you. Did Jesus ever ask something from a person, which was in need?  Seriously, let’s look at this in reality. How many times in the Word of God, do we find Jesus begging money, from those that are in need?

I know that there were times in the past that the men of God ask for something. Elijah ask for the last meal that the woman had, and her obedience worked out for her good.  1Kings 17:16  And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.

We are living in the days of total deceitfulness. We have so called, men of God begging for our money, where we receive nothing in return. They take our hard earned money, that we often need to pay our bills, because they are more concerned about getting their needs met.  Some of these rascals are very bold in their tactics. They will sell you a small vile of oil, and a piece of a torn sheet, claiming that it contains healing powers!!

I don’t know about the other countries in the world, but America has no shortage of wolves in sheep’s clothing. Religion is a big business in the United States.  Matthew 7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Ain’t this a wild world that we live in?        Ain’t God good?

       …..Much Love                 

No comments:

Post a Comment