www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Recap of Yesterdays post

A little recap is in order. In the last post we learned, that through the Word of God, that we were created by Father. In this post we need to learn exactly why, that Father created the human race.  Revelation 4:11  Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.  
 
If you will think about it we were created to worship something. Every person worships whatever they find to be the most important thing in their lives. We idolize almost everything, throughout our lives. Father knew the way that we are, and once again gave us the guidance that we need.  Exodus 20:5-6  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6  And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
With that being said, if I don’t move on, there will be a third page to write. That really would not be a bad thing either. Moving on to the role, which Jesus had, in our lives. One of the greatest verses in the Bible is without any doubt John 3:16. Most of us know this verse by heart, and rightfully so, because of the extreme power involved within the context. It is so powerful we tend to not connect the dots around it.
The next verse is the one that I want to use right now.  John 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. Jesus was sent to be our Savior!! I think that most of us understand that also. The question still remains of why. Why would Jesus even care anything, about going through all that He went through to rescue, a bunch of ungrateful, heathen folks, like me?
Because,….For God so loved…., and because God so love; Jesus so loved the Father!!  Jesus will always do everything to please the Father, even to the point of bringing Fathers children, back into a relationship with Father!! This is going to get really good, because it is giving us the opportunity to receive something that we did not deserve to have. I have heard preachers say that we deserved Hell. However, I think that it would have been a lot better than we deserved, or at least, what I deserved to have as my reward!!
Before I go on into more depth I need to post a couple verses. John 10:30  I and my Father are one. 1John 4:9  In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Other than the part about the relationship between Father, and Jesus, the truth is found in the last part of this verse. That we might live our lives through our Lord, and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Most all the scriptural references, to show exactly how this works, are found in the New Testament. The Apostle Paul wrote the largest part of them that I plan to use, but the other writing Apostles did contribute. Paul wrote so many illustrations, that it is hard to pick, and choose them. This is just one example of what we have in Jesus.  1Corinthians 1:30  But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:  In the second book of Corinthians, we find that we are representatives of Jesus, and that He is where our righteousness comes from. 2Corinthians 5:20-21  Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21  For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
In the book of Peter this is one of the things that he said. 1Peter 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
I might need to take a second, to give you a few words, of definition of the word; Righteousness, Righteous, or righteously. Good, innocent, moral, worthy, upright, clean-hand, guiltless, sound, honorable, piety, justness, and justice.             I can tell you that don’t really sound much like what I think of myself.   How about you?    
This is something that Father said a long, long time ago. Leviticus 19:2  Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy. Honestly, I would have been up the Nile, without a paddle!! I never had any righteousness, or holiness about me, but thanks be to Jesus. That is one of His benefits to us that have received Him. Ephesians 4:24  And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
The bottom line for me was the fact that I was hopeless, and helpless. I needed a miracle in my life, because I was rotten to the core. I had done almost everything that I could have done wrong. The truth is that most folks didn’t care to be around me.        How could they?   I was not to be trusted.        The best way to tell if I was lying would be, if my lips were moving.              I was busted, disgusting, and could not be trusted!!
But Jesus….                Ain’t God good?
 
      Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment