www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Ain’t God good?

I truly hope that somebody out there is getting some good, from what I write. This might be hard for some to believe, but what I write helps me out greatly. It truly strengthens my Spirit, and at times I write myself happy!! If nothing else matters, the Lord really knew what He was doing, when He gave me this mission. It is not the fact that I write well, or eloquent. It is all about the fact that I make it personal. I will tell you things that most great teachers and theologians would not, admit to thinking, or feeling.
The reason is that I can’t be all that whacked out, in my thinking, or in my emotional state. I am not saying that everybody has had some of my thoughts, or feelings. However, I know that there has to be a few, which has had either the same or similar experiences. I know what I am going to start talking about in today’s post is totally ludicrous. It is not a sane thought by a long shot, but I spent a lot of time actually worrying about this, because I was misinformed.
What I am speaking about was I was actually worried about going to Heaven. I knew that Heaven would be a whole lot better than going to Hell. My problem with going to Heaven was the fact that I thought, that it would get boring, after so much praising!! I couldn’t comprehend the phrase eternity, and honestly I still can’t comprehend that amount of time. Still today forever, really seems like a really, really, really, long time!!
If you remember I ended the second paragraph saying that I was misinformed. What aspect was I misinformed about?      Er,.. Ugh,…..Everything and saying everything is a complete understatement!!  My concept of Heaven was nothing more, than praising a God, which I really knew absolutely nothing about!!  I just thought that I would be standing, or kneeling repeating these words forever. Revelation 4:8  And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. This is actually one of my favorite verses, but my lack of imagination had me hooked on stupidity!!
My real problem is, that I had never taken the time, to learn who God is!!  Do you realize that our Father is a God of excitement? There is nothing, absolutely nothing boring about our God. If you remember when God came to rest on Mount Sinai and Moses, was going to meet Him. The conditions were really exciting.  Exodus 19:18  And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.
Actually, any time God showed up on the scene, it was exciting. The three years of Jesus ministry, had to be three years, of total excitement!!  I didn’t realize this to here lately. All I saw was Jesus placing His hands, on the people, and them being healed. Nothing special happening, then off to the next one. I don’t know why I thought this. Maybe it wasn’t time for me to get the true revelation of Jesus.
One of, or maybe the main reason that I never thought that I was a big deal, was by what Jesus would say to them. He often said, tell no man what has happened. One man with leprosy, He told him to show the priest, and take the gift that Moses commanded to take. He told the mad man of Gadara to go home, and show his friends what had happened. Mostly though, He told them to tell nobody.
I believe that you need to take the entire Bible, and put all the stories of Jesus together, and then the truth will come into focus. Jesus was so well loved among the people, and very popular. Jesus gave His followers the words of life. I used the word followers on purpose, because Jesus had many followers, apart from His disciples. Jesus attracted folks from the miracles that He worked.
Can you imagine having a life threatening disease, and Jesus healing you?  Maybe you have been crippled from birth, or simply had never been able to speak, and one day you hear of this man preforming miracles. Wouldn’t you think that you would give it a shot that He could heal you? After all, you would have absolutely nothing to lose, because you know that it would take a miracle to heal you!!
I am not sure about the population of that region, at that time. However, I think when five-thousand, or three-thousand folks gather to hear what you have to say, to me that says that His words were important at that time. I know that I am getting off course, but if He was that important back in those days, what happened? Is He not that important now, and why isn’t He?
We live in a different generation today, and if we don’t seek the Lord with all of our hearts, we will not find Him. Everything that was offered to those, and even more is ours today, but we have to believe with all of our hearts. People still get healed today, and folks are still being delivered from crippling sins today. We don’t have Jesus walking the earth today in a body made of flesh, but we still have God with us. We have the presence of Holy Spirit in our lives today, of those that believe. John 15:26  But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 16:7  Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
I have had some dealings with Holy Spirit, and there is not but one word, that I can use to describe Him: AWESOME!! I love to get in the presence of Holy Spirit, because a miracle always happens. That miracle always happens in me, and that miracle has a name. The name of that miracle is Love. No matter what happen when Holy Spirit comes upon me, I am left with the feeling of awesome love, as the end result!!                  Ain’t God good?
        …..Much Love


No comments:

Post a Comment