www.billofrights.org

Monday, September 30, 2013

Getting Real



I think that it is totally amazing, the difference Jesus can make, in the life of a believer. My life is so different now, and I really love the change!! Love is the key word. I really love people now, and I never have been guilty of loving much. I never had love in my heart, because there was way too much fear, in my heart.  1John 4:18  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
I don’t think that I have a perfect love yet. I can’t walk up in the middle, of a bunch of folks, that appear to be thugs. Honestly, this can cause fear in my heart. Maybe I am simply being cautious, because I know what these people are like.        I used to be one!!   I can only hope Holy Spirit ever asks me to walk, in a group like this group, that I can find the courage to obey.
The first thing that I know for sure is that if Holy Spirit is telling me to endanger my life, then there is somebody in that group, who need to hear about Jesus. There is somebody that is on their way to Hell, and I might be the only ambassador, of my Lord Jesus, that this person will ever encounter.
Can I share something with you?  This is a scripture that I really don’t want to have happen in my life. I can’t skip it though. It has to happen. The first part of this verse I have no problem with, and confess it often. The second part is the part that I really don’t think that I am prepared to have happen.
Romans 14:11-12  For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.12  So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
That doesn’t mean that we give account of our sins. Our sins have been covered, by the blood of Jesus. That was taken care of when we accepted the sacrifice, which Jesus made on the cross, for the atonement of our sins. This is an account of our works that we did, after we received Salvation.
Just to be honest with you, I don’t think, that writing this blog, will pull me through, for the things that I have missed. There have been many times in my life that Holy Spirit was beckoning me to witness to a person, and I didn’t. Fear filled my spirit, and I just couldn’t bring myself to find the courage to speak.
I feel the need to share some brutal honesty with the readers of this blog. This is one of those situations that I truly hate to admit, but somehow, I feel that it is necessary. I will go ahead, and show how ugly this really is. At least it is to me. 
I was Saved at the age of seven, and now I am fifty. That means that I have had forty-three years to promote my Lord, and Savior, Jesus Christ. This is the part that really hurts. I have witnessed to a select few people in my life. However, as far as I know, I have never led any one person, to the foot of the cross. In other words, nobody has ever been Saved on my watch.
I have told really dear friends, about the love that only a relationship with Jesus can produce. They are dead now, and I don’t know where that they have gone. I don’t know if my words remained on deaf ears, or that accepted Jesus, as the only sacrifice for their sins.
I hope that you realize, that these issues in which I write about, affects more people, than just myself. A lot of us have a general fear about certain things, that we have done, and even more that we haven’t done. We realize that we love, and serve a serious God. We know that we still can’t stand in front of our Father, without the Blood of Jesus, draped over us for protection!!
The Blood, which Jesus shed on the cross at Calvary, is the only protection that we have, while standing in the presence, of our Father. Do you remember the words that Jesus spoke to Father, while hanging on the cross? Matthew 27:46  And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
This was the most damaging time in the like of Jesus. It was the first time, and the last, which Jesus was separated from Father. He had taken on our sins, and Father turned His back on Jesus. Isaiah 59:2  But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
I don’t know how long this separation lasted for, but this was the first time, that these two had been, in this dire situation. I believe that it was just as heart-breaking, for Father, as it was His Son. If you will think about it, all those already in Heaven, were probably beside themselves. They had never saw Father in this way before.
Lets look at the verse prior to Matthew 27:46. Matthew 27:45  Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. I am not going to tell you what to think. You are intelligent readers, and you need to form you own opinions, by reading the Word.
I believe that the sixth hour is when the sins of the entire world were placed on our Savior, because of the darkness that came upon the earth at that time. I can’t help but wonder if that event might have dimmed the lights in Heaven?       Just being real…..

   ….Much Love    

No comments:

Post a Comment