www.billofrights.org

Friday, September 20, 2013

N.J.B.C.

I have not mentioned this to you, but I attended another church this past Sunday.  As I first walked into this church, it didn’t take long to realize, that they have a lot of money. Now, I have heard the preacher of this church, on the radio for several years. I haven’t really thought about this until now. I have never heard him begging, for the money, like most preachers do, to keep their ministry a float.
Compare that to some of the most famous preachers who never end a broadcast without begging for money. I find that honorable, and it shows Godly character!!  I believe that this verse is shouting volumes right now. Psalms 37:25  I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. This verse is not making, all those who beg for money, in the name of the Lord, look good.
Getting back to my visit. I walked in the children’s ministry, because it was the first door that I came to. It quickly brought the child out of me, and any fear of apprehension, that I had because, of my being there for the first time immediately left. It looked like a wonderfully, fun place to be, and I believe that I took that feeling into the sanctuary, as I walk inside.
It was large, but not quite as large as Evangel Temple. It was cozy, as I can’t even explain what I mean by that phrase. It had a balcony above me, but I don’t think there was a bad place to sit in the house. I don’t have the glasses that I need to see for distance, so things were a little fuzzy.
The choir came out, and began to sing, and they had a wonderful upbeat music program. The musicians were kind of in a hidden place. Kind of like in a sunken area of the stage, but I could see a little. The drummer was enclosed in a sound proof booth. They had an excellent sound system, and the acoustics were fabulous. The only issue that I had was with the guitarist. I could never locate who was playing!!
I final got a chance to match the face, with the young man, bringing the Word that Sunday. He turned out to be the Pastors son, who was filling in, because Pastor was out of State preaching a revival. His name was Pastor Josh, and he gave the message on the wise and foolish, builders found in Matthew 7:24-29. I have here this passage preached on, a lot of different times in my life. It is a very popular message to preach on.
I tell you the truth. I was on the edge of my seat all through this word!! I don’t know if my back ever rested, on the padded pew, that I was sitting on. Normally, I spend a lot of time looking around to the reaction of the others. I can’t even recall taking my eyes of this man giving this wonderful sermon. He was very passionate, about Jesus, and the Words of Jesus. I don’t know if he had sermon notes either. The reason is that he rarely stayed behind the pulpit. Actually, the only time that he was behind the pulpit, was the time that he was reading, from the scriptures.
They did something that I had not seen done in years. After the alter call to receive Salvation, they introduced those who accepted. The most amazing thing was the children that went to receive the call. They were so young, like I was, and it delighted my heart to see them. Pastor stated that they had come with questions about receiving Jesus in their hearts. Then he said that they were going to council them, and to follow up with them, to be sure that they completely understood the answers, to the questions that they were asking.
They did set me up though. They ask if all the first time visitors would remain in our seats, as the rest of the family could easily recognize us, and greet us. As I set there with all the blood, in my body resting, in my face. There were a lot of folks came to shake my hand, and welcome me.
All in all, I had a really fabulous time in that church Sunday. Now, what I call a fabulous time, and what others call it might be different. Please let me explain. God was in the house!!  Anytime that Jesus is in the mist I have a wonderful time. I love to have the sin in my life exposed to me, and I have plenty of sin to expose!! I love to repent of my sin, because it is something that is keeping me at a distance from Jesus. It doesn’t keep Jesus from me, because that is why that He came. It does however keep me at bay from Jesus.
I will definitely go pay these folks another visit this Sunday. There are something’s that I have not told you yet concerning this church. I receive two letters this week. One thanking me for my visit, and inviting me back. The letter also included a phone number if I had any questions. The second letter was an invitation to attend Sunday school. It also had a phone number in case I had questions for, now get this: “For what that they have prepared for me!!” 
I am feeling kind of adventurous. I think that I will simple show up Sunday, and let them surprise me. It was no accident that I saved this, for the last thing that I want to say to my readers. It will come as a great surprise to you, as well as it did me. Although, I am following the leading of Jesus in my search for a church. I was apprehensive, when I heard Him saying that I need to visit this church. I thought that I can’t visit even one more, of this kind of church. The one’s that I have visited in my search so far, have been a disappointment.
Sunday morning, I simply got up, prayed, and got dressed. I went out of the door heading to this church. I got on the bus, and went to that church. I thanked Jesus for the opportunity to visit. I also ask Jesus to soften my heart, so I could receive what that He had for me today. If I was to need to rate this church, and everything that is associated with the church, I would give it five out of five. A one-hundred percent rating for North Jacksonville Baptist Church.  Yes, Dear Readers, I did say Baptist!!  I actually attended a Baptist church where I felt like I fit in with those around me!!
If you are one of the Saints that follow this blog, then you understand what I am saying. It was the event in my Baptist church, which sent me running from Jesus for most of my life. I am still open-minded about this church. However, I am looking forward to next Sunday to visit again.           
Ain’t God good?
                   …..Much Love    

No comments:

Post a Comment