www.billofrights.org

Saturday, September 7, 2013

I Love the Story of Solomon

I have had many different widows to the world. Everywhere that I have lived in my life, I have had a favorite window, that I called my window to the world. I spent a lot of time in front of that particular window, viewing the life, on the other side. I have had the pleasure of seeing the best, and the worst, of what this world has to offer. I have seen drug deals being made, and prostitutes working. I also have seen hawks hunting, and deer scampering, in an open field.
I live in a place right now that I have no window to look out of, or at least not inside of my room. I can always walk down the hall if I desire to take a look outside. I believe that it was the season for me not to have a window, in which I could lookout, and daydream. Especially, living in the city where that I do anyway, there is nothing worth seeing out there.
I have come to believe, there is little worth watching on television anymore, unless you have cable. Then the good things on there are really not worth the price, that you have to pay. That is only my opinion today. I have in the past, gladly paid the high price of having cable, so I could watch all the smut, which my eyes could view. The truth is that I could not get enough evil inside of me to satisfy my hungry craving!!
The book of Proverbs is also called a book of wisdom, because King Solomon wrote, and collected the contents. Solomon was the wisest man to ever be on the earth, because God gave what he asked for, and even more.  Here is the conversation between God and Solomon.
2Chronicles 1:10-12  Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great? 11  And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king: 12  Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.
Ain’t God good?      You can never know what He will do unless you ask Him. There is a chance that He will bless you with even more than you ask for. Actually, the Apostle Paul wrote a great scripture in the letter to those at Ephesus.  Ephesians  3:20  Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Do you really think that Solomon was thinking that God might bless him that mightily? I have the feeling that he knew that Father had the power to bless him, in any way that He chose. I really don’t think that Solomon had a clue what Father was going to do.
I have got off the path that I wanted to walk down today. I love the story of Solomon, and how Father blesses him. I can get back on the right track quickly from here. In the book of Proverbs there is a verse that deals with the smut found on cable television, or the Internet.
Pro 4:23  Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. The word heart here is translated as the center of your being. It includes the way in which things inter into your inner being. The eyes and the ears are the portals, of how things infiltrate your heart. I know how hard, that it is to work this scripture into existence, of a daily routine, in your life. I also know that it is possible to do, but it will take a lot of discipline.
It is not easy, and I am not talking about only watching the modern day music videos. Nor am I just talking about the multi-award winning films, which blasphemes Father. Sometimes it can be as simple as watching the local, or the national news programs. It can be watching a program on the Public Broadcasting System that is telling how we involved from something different, than our Bible tells us that happened.
It truly takes the disciple to make up your mind what you believe, and stick with it. It is not easy, and we can be drawn in to the lies of the world at any given time. There are things in this world, which are simply made to attract us, to get our focus off of Jesus. That is exactly what happened to Peter when he crawled out of the boat to walk out on the water, to where Jesus was at. He was doing well as long as his focus was upon Jesus. However, he took his eyes off the Lord, and placed it on the chaos going on around him.
Mat 14:30  But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
Do you know what happened next?    Matthew 14:31  And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?  Ain’t that just like our Jesus?  That is what we do when we don’t guard our heart, and let things creep into our lives. We can call on the same Jesus, who gave us Salvation, for help in any time of need. We can cry out to Him for forgiveness of our sins, and ask for the help, that we need in our daily walk. Actually, we are more than welcome to do this at any time.
 Hebrews 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.  I just want to leave you today with a question.               Can you really ever remember when you weren’t in a time of need?           Ain’t God good?
              ……Much Love    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment