www.billofrights.org

Saturday, September 14, 2013

When We Humble Ourselves….

Brurrp,….Brurrp, …….Brurrp!!     Does that sound familiar?     That is the sound of your alarm clock, first think in the morning.  Over the years I have developed, this perfected hate relationship with mine. I have tried several different tones, and I hate each one the same. This has absolutely nothing to do, with what I am going to talk about during this post. I simply couldn’t resist once I heard that alarm going off!!
The point that I am making is, what is the next thing that you do, after the alarm goes off?       Do you hit the snooze button several times, almost causing you to be late every day?         Do you rush right on up; with I have to conquer the world today attitude?      What is it that you do, first thing beyond wakening?  
Throughout my life I have woke up in several different ways, and to be truthful, these ways are still evolving. I have found a way that works much better, than most of the ways in my past. The great thing is that I am not going to tell you that in whatever way that you wake up, that it is wrong. Probably no matter how that you have waken, I have done as bad, if not worse!!
Like I said I really have a detest, for that blaring alarm, in the morning. Once I can get that vile thing to shut-down, then I am reading to get at it. The first thing that I really enjoy doing, is silently praying to Father. I like to thank Him for another day of life, which I know that I didn’t deserve to see.  I tell Father how much I need Him, and love the fact that He is over my life.
Some morning this silent prayer goes in greater detail, than others. The next thing that I do is get really quiet. In other words, I am simply laying there listening. I find the words that I hear have much more value, than the ones that I say!!  Some days the Lord speaks, and others He does say anything at that time.
The very next thing that I just love doing is this. I pop my eyes open, and address this verse at Satan.                  Psalms 118:24  This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. I really like to let him know exactly, where I stand upon awakening daily. I am not exactly sure if this really affects my day, but it sure makes me feel better when I do it!!
Usually, within ten to fifteen minutes I bow next to my bed and pray.     Hey …I thought that you had already prayed, before you got out of bed?    You are right. I did pray a silent prayer, and Satan can’t hear a word of it!! Actually, he doesn’t know what I am doing, while I lay there with my eyes closed.  That is just a warm up prayer, saying Good Morning to my Father.
This is the time that I reverence my Lord, and humble myself before Him. I really didn’t find but a few verses on reverence, at least with the word in them. However this will work fine. Hebrews 12:28-29  Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: 29  For our God is a consuming fire.
I also have found a couple verses to show what the acceptable position is while before the Lord.  1Kings8:54  And it was so, that when Solomon had made an end of praying all this prayer and supplication unto the LORD, he arose from before the altar of the LORD, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread up to heaven.
Kneeling on his knees, with his hands spread up to Heaven. I guess Solomon got this from his father King David. David knew who Father really was, and to Father all honor was due. Psalms 95:6-7  O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. 7  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
You might be saying to yourself right now, “What is the big deal?”  I can answer that in one word; Jesus!!  Jesus is the big deal!! Humbling ourselves, before the Mighty Hand is completely, in our personal benefit. Father actually sees us not being humble, and an issue of pride. Pride is what brought the mighty Lucifer down to the ranks of Satan. Proverbs 8:13  The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. Pro 28:25  He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat
When we come before the Lord, we are to come as humble as possible. Jesus set a child on His lap on day, and said this. Matthew 18:4  Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Jesus loved the children, and Father calls us His children. No one gets Grandfathered into Heaven. We must come to Jesus on our own, and one by one!!
James 4:6  But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. James 4:10  Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
Even Peter wrote a couple of fine verses concerning being humble.  1Peter 5:5-6  Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. 6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: When we humble ourselves before our Creator it is showing respect. It is giving Honor, where Honor is due. It is showing trust, and love to the One, any only One, who holds our lives, in His hands!!
This relationship with the Lord is the most beautiful, whop-sided, relationship that you ever will have in life. I want to finish this post, with one of my most favorite verses. Revelation 4:11  Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. 
       …..Much Love              

No comments:

Post a Comment