www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

That is what it is all about.


I often times talk about the fact that it's better to go to church, and experience the Lord firsthand. I have been watching the video's from Sunday, and Sunday night at my church. I was not there Sunday night, but I still like to see what I have missed. My church has a a serious problem. Do you realize that the Lord attends services at my church even when I am not there? I guess that I need to step up my game, and start attending!!
OK, getting back to what I was really talking about. I love to there to worship during one of our services. I must admit something to you though. I get a real kick out of watching the video of a service that I was a part of the service. I get to see my church family from a different angle. I was watching the Sunday morning video.
We worship a very radical God, in a very radical way. They even have a name for us, and the name is Pentecostal. I love my church family very much. I couldn't have joined a better bunch of folks to worship God with, because they are great!! I have no idea what is going on behind me. My focus is on the front. I always sit on the sixth row right in front of the pulpit. I like to see what is really going on!!
I love to watch my brothers, and sisters, and the way that they worship the Lord. I don't get to while we are in the middle of a service, because I am worshiping Jesus in my own way. When I get a chance to see the video, and how intently they worship. It makes me even more proud to be a part of the family.
That video has captured me all over it. From the beginning to the very end. Mostly, the back of my balding head. The camera man did zoom in on me a couple times, but that really don't matter. What really matters is I have found a church home. I have found a place that worships a God that I need in my life. A very radical God!! A totally awesome God!! A merciful God full of compassion that has shown Himself willing to take my hand in His, and teach me how to live.
That is what it is all about. It is all about Jesus Christ. It's about nothing more than learning to walk in such a way that is pleasing to Father. I find in my own walk the only time that I really struggle is when I am in a mode of rebellion. There is something that I need to do, that I just can't manage, to do at that time. Right then it becomes a struggle. If I would only do that thing that I know to be right. I would save myself a lot of pain and suffering.I must be a glutton for punishment, because apparently I love pain more than I profess.
Jesus said in the book of Matthew 11:28-29 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
The southern man is coming out of me right now, but ain't that a wonderful thought? The only thing to do now is let it seep into your Spirit, and then it will become a reality. That is my Jesus talking to anybody that will listen. He is inviting us to come, and rest at is feet while He teaches us. Look at the reward that we get when we do this. We get rest, and rest for our souls which has been in utter turmoil.
I never really understood what it is like to receive a touch from Jesus, until last month. That how I know about rest, and rest for my soul. I didn't remember going out. I don't know it I had any dreams, or saw any visions. I really don't have a clue what happened. The only thing that I do know is what happened when I came to my senses. I really can't tell you everything, but I can tell you what I remember.
When my eyes opened I knew exactly where I was at, and what was going on. I started looking around, and I had this feeling that I was moving in slow motion. I was taken every thing in my sight at a much higher rate of speed, that I was actually moving. The best I could tell I was the only person that was affected in this way.
I kept thinking how wonderful this all is. I wasn't worried about nothing. Everything was right in my world. I was so calm. Maybe I was too calm if that was possible, but I was enjoying this feeling. A feeling like that I have never been exposed to in my life. I was nothing more that a feeling of peace at it's finest!! I can't tell you how long that it lasted. I didn't even look at my watch at that time, because it was not important. I didn't care what time it was, because there was no fear of loosing that feeling.
However, I can tell you this. That feeling of total peace when to bed that night with me. I found that totally amazing!! All of it!! I can't say that any of you will ever have that same experience, because we are all different people, and have different needs. I know what I received during that time was exactly what I needed to happen.
That ain't to bad for a first time in my book. I would love to hear about your experiences with Jesus. If you feel that there is anything that you would want to share with me, just send me an E-mail. My address is at the top of this blog.
........Much Love












No comments:

Post a Comment