www.billofrights.org

Friday, March 15, 2013

The crowd goes ballistic!!


The crowd is standing on their feet, as James walks to the podium. It is a standing ovation!! The crowd is chanting in unison, “ Go James, Go James!!” When the crowd calms down I begin to speak:
Thank you all. Thank you all very much for that more than warm welcome!! Now let's really give it up for the real guest of honor.......(long pause, the crowd gets quite again.) Without further ado let's welcome, the King of all kings, and the Lord over every lord. My Friend, and yours......Jesus Christ!! ( The crowd goes ballistic!! Hand are clapping, and feet are stomping!! There is shouting, and whooping all throughout this room!! They are beginning to chant loudly..Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!!)
You know?      I don't reckon that I ever have done anything that warranted a standing ovation in my whole life. I probably would be so embarrassed if I did ever get one,that I probably would pass out on the spot!! I am certainly fine writing to the whole world, but myself in front of a large crowd.        Hold it right there!!              I should be saying any crowd to be more honest.          I like to lost it when I joined my church.
There wasn't but five or six that joined in June of last year. They called all of us down to the front to welcome us as new members. I had watched this take place for several months before I joined. I knew that they would call us down, and ask us to speak our names into the microphone. I had sit there for minutes wringing my hands together in anticipation. When the moment came to take the walk I was only six rows deep.
I walked those six rows while talking to myself at the time. Don't look at the crowd. Don't look at the crowd. Focus at the point below the balcony while you say your name. Breathe James!! Breathe normally!! By the time that microphone came to me I had forgot my well devised plan. I just blurted my name, and was heading back to my seat. Brother Gary told me to hold on we wasn't through just yet. The good news was that I had some hands to shake. I could do that without any problem.
I do have a problem with going places now, that I never did before. I really don't like when certain people try to force me to go somewhere that Jesus isn't welcome there. I used to have alcohol, and drugs problems. As my solution to that problem I used the cross method instead of the secular programs that really don't work all that well. I might just be different from most folks, and I really believe that I am different.
The first thing that they want us to do at those meetings is an introduction. It goes something like this: Hey Family, my name is Rufus. I can't say my last name, because this is an anonymous program. I am an alcoholic, or an addict. I know that we only have an hour to spend together. While were at it can we kill two birds with one stone?             Let's see who can drink the most coffee, and smoke the most cigarettes!!
I have tried these meetings. I really have gave it my best shot. I have got sponsor, after sponsor, and did all that they told me to do. It just never worked out for me all that well. I have noticed that if you say that god is your higher power they don't really have an issue with that word. I have heard folks say that Jesus Christ was their higher power, and you could have heard a pin drop to the floor!! Just saying, I will leave the rest up to y'all to figure that one out.
I was so different that I needed the cross method to save me from the addiction that was slowly killing me. Jesus help!! That's basically all it took, with some follow up work that I have loved doing. I read, and study the true Words of life. I gain knowledge every time I look to the Word. I have hope in my life today where before there was nothing more than mere existence at best.
Instead of running to an hour meeting everyday with no hope of ever finding a cure. The cross plan stated that I have a sin problem, and it has been manifesting itself through drugs and alcohol. I am not silly enough to ever think that I drink one or two beers with any success. I simply don't want to risk the chance of losing my relationship that I have now with Jesus over any amount of beer. I don't want to do anything that is not pleasing to Father!!
The Word says a lot of great things about me. It says that I am healed. I am forgiven. It says that I am a child of God, a Saint, a brother, blessed, highly favored, a son. It has nothing bad to say about me at all!! Call me crazy, but I ain't got to flip a coin about my choice.        I choose the way of the Cross!!        I choose life!!         I choose Jesus!!         DUH!!

…..........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment