www.billofrights.org

Sunday, March 3, 2013

I guess your expecting.....


I wish that I could say that my life is so perfect and fine. That I have no active problems going on right now. If I did even try to say that it would be nothing less than a bold faced lie. I have something challenging my almost every move that I make. Thankfully, I meet most of them head on, and give them straight to the Lord.
This morning I woke up early for a Sunday. I believe it was at six A.M. My clock was set to go off at eight, so I went back to sleep. When eight came I turned off my alarm, and that voice started talking to me. You know that it is freezing cold outside. Go back to sleep. You can go to church next Sunday. After all you have not missed a Sunday in so long, and this one wont make a difference.
I only thought about the words that this voice was speaking to me. I knew that it was right in saying I have not missed a Sunday in such a long time. I snuggled in my warm bed up with my pillow, as I eased off back into a sweet dream land.
Suddenly, I woke up with the Lord talking with me. I knew it was Him, because every time that He speaks there is no denying His presence. I guess your expecting Me to bless you with good things all week? How do you think I can do that when you wont even get up to receive the beginning? When is the last time that you went to our church, and you didn't come home full?
That was all that it took. I looked at the time, and it was only eight-thirty. The bus didn't leave for another hour, and I would make good time. I had ironed my clothes on Saturday evening, and had taken a shower then also. Basically, all I had to do was weed through those that either need, or simply wanted to talk to me this morning. The folks that I live with I have been knowing for quite some time. We have a certain bond with each other.
I made the bus to church this morning with little problems. Usually, I read my word on the way to the worship service. This morning I didn't really get the chance. Somehow I had missed one of the patrons on the bus. I have no idea where he came from, but he was all bubbly, in a crazy sort of way. OK,.....I am sugar coating this, because at the best that I could tell he was certifiably nuts!!
He started getting on my nerves with a quickness. I was sitting there a few rows behind him. He started talking about my sun glasses. Then he started singing, and laughing. I noticed that most of the folks, on the bus was really started to enjoy this mans character. Every time somebody would get on the bus he would laugh, and make a gesture about them.
I started to feel that I had judged this fruitcake a might bit harshly. I know that he was a lunatic, but he was one of those that could bring joy to the people around himself. After all so far, he has not hurt anyone. He had done nothing but, make us laugh. I quickly repented of my judgmental behavior that I holding toward of this man.
About this time another man was getting on the bus wearing what I assumed was his church suit. This man was very short, and his suit was very hot pink. Now, I want to be really honest right now. I don't think in all my life that I have ever seen a suit this actual color before. If I ever have I surely don't remember it, unless it was a joke on a TV show.
Anyway, I was doing all I could to hold my laughter inside. This man was very overjoyed about something, and couldn't get the machine to receive his money. I was simply about to loose control of my tickle box watching this unusual sight.            Then something happened.           Something got my total attention.             You know.....                       It happened......
The guy that I had already accused of being certifiably nuts was proving me right with my assumption once again. He had honed in on the really short man wearing the hot pink suit. He had turned toward the folks sitting in the back of the bus, and jabbering silent words with his mouth without making a sound. He had this crazy eye thing going on. Kinda looked like Marty Feldman's eyes, If y'all remember him the movie Young Frankenstein.
I simply, unequivocally, lost total control of my tickle box!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen I laughed so hard that I could not breathe!! Have you ever lost it like that in a place where there is no way that you can go any where? I was trapped, and the riders of that bus knew for sure that there were at least three psycho-maniacs on that bus this morning.
The good thing was that I don't think that either man realized exactly why I had lost control. I don't think that anybody on that bus really understood what was really going on. That was just the first phase of my morning. Wait until I tell you what happened at my church this morning. Just think if i had of simply laid in the bed this morning.....

…....Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment