www.billofrights.org

Thursday, March 7, 2013

210 E State st.Burger King JaxFl.


I am bummed out today. I went to the stab lab yesterday to donate plasma, and my pulse was rocking at 106 beats per minute. They gave me fifteen minutes to calm in down. I went into the lobby, and did my deep breathing exercises, while clearing my mind. It had been roughly twenty minutes before they called me back in. I told the man if I got any calmer that I would fall asleep. Every test that they give you before you are allowed to go back to donate I passed with flying colors. My blood pressure was extremely well, and my blood work was excellent. There was one minor problem, and it was my pulse. Although, it had move, it moved in the wrong direction. It was now at 110!!
Oh Well, just another day in paradise I reckon!!     I did have another strange event that happened once I left there. I went to Burger King. We went there to eat after church on Sunday to a different location. At that location they had several money saving deals from a quarter cup of ice coffee, to two different sandwiches for five dollars. I though most of the had the same deals.
I found out with a quickness that is no true. I went in thirty minutes before that served lunch. I walked up to the counter, and ordered a dollar coke. She rang it up while pushing this double Dixie cup toward me, and said that will be 1.38. I said no dear. I want the dollar coke with the much bigger cup. She said that was the cheapest coke they offer. I said that would be fine, and paid her.
It was time to serve lunch, and I took my place in line. When it came my time to order it was the same young girl. I asked what are the specials. She said that there wasn't anything on special. I started telling here about my experience Sunday. She said that they don't have those offers. I just shook my head, and ordered 2 whopper Jr's with no pickle. She said that the total was over four dollars. I said that is not right. She said that is what her register said it would be.
I am getting a little aggravated by this time. I ask her what it said on that big sign hanging behind her head. The reason that I asked is my vision isn't like it used to be, and I could have looked at it wrong. She said that they are 1.29 each. That is exactly what I saw, so I hadn't been tricked by my eyes. I told the young girl that three dollars should cover the price with a little change back.
She called the manager over there, and said that the register was ringing up the wrong price. He said that the right price was 1.89 each. I pointed to the big sign behind his head, and he said that sale was no longer being honored. I told him that I wanted to pay the price that was being advertised. He snapped on me, and said that the price was 1.89 each take it or leave it.    I said to him, you have not been in management long have you?      Let me get this right.    You are not going to see me the product on that board, for the price that it is advertised at?     He shook his head violently no!!
I turned around and started walking away, and the young lady ask me a question. She said, Sir do you want something else? She was being as serious as she could have been. I walked back up to here, and said this: No dear, and don't feel bad one bit. You have been wonderful. It just that your manager need to develop better people skills. Thank you.
I have been in management a number of years, and I know that the customer is not always right. Sometimes they can be totally brutal in their attempt to get something for might near nothing. This was not that case. When any business has a product advertised for a certain price usually they will honor that agreement. When it was a miss print with advertising if they can't honor the price quoted they will pull all the affected stock until it can be deal with accordingly.
I can't never recall a manager of a corporation, especially a major chain like Burger King. Getting that nasty over a total of one dollar, and twenty cents. I know that I don't plan to ever walk back in that restaurant again. I also know that my little money will not set them back, and it should not have that kind of effect. I am not raising a stink about it, and asking other to help me crush that particular Burger King.
Honestly, I love Burger King. The whopper has always had a unique taste all of it's own. There are over ten choices that I can make to eat at Burger King, without being in the presence of a manager that don't care for his company!!

…..........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment