www.billofrights.org

Monday, March 11, 2013

We belong to Him


I wish all my readers today a hearty good morning from Jacksonville Florida!!     This is the time of year that the people of Florida hope for the arrival.      It is spring time here, and it happened sometime last night.     Well,............I might be fudging just a bit, but it is pretty warm for this early in the morning.     Anyway, we are just nine days shy of the official start of spring.
There has been something that I have been convicted of in my walk with Jesus. It is wearing my headphones all the time. The problem was I had them sticking in my ears, and not normally listening to anything at the time. I would do this so the sensible folks where ever I might be would not be bothering me. How many of you know that doesn't apply to everybody?      There is always one that will still try to ask something.
Now I am not saying that I have been commanded never to listen with my headphones. There are times when I am feeding my soul with my favorite blend of praise and worship that it is alright to be listening through my headphones.        I really don't do this often anyway, because I always have a sweet melody ringing in my heart any way.      Seriously, I am a walking concert most of the time regardless.
As a Christian man with severe people issues going on anyway.    It just makes sense for me to not be blocking people out of my life.    I should be doing all that I can to help them get in. There is a verse in the Bible in Proverbs that says: “ If a man has friends. Then he must show himself to be friendly.”       Blocking folks out of my life is not showing myself as friendly.
It tends to make me feel safer when I block them out. It sure adds the element of comfort when I block them out. It really don't matter what it does for my feelings on the positive side when I block them out of my life. It does have a reverse effect also. It block me from being in their life also. That is where my conviction takes place.
Being a Christian has a certain responsibility that goes along with it.    We are to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. Gospel simply means, “Good News.”      We have all been called to spread the gospel to one degree or another.     The internet, and this blog allows me to take my ministry to the whole world.      That is good for me,and I really enjoy being a part of the Jesus movement.    The good news of Jesus Christ is the most valuable piece of information to a hurting world!!
I am thankful that I have been trusted to carry this message to the entire world.    There is a problem though if I don't have a walk of love in my private life.      If I am avoiding people for the reason that they are a nuisance to me in my life.      Then my love walk needs to be sharpened up.     I have missed the mark.
The message of Jesus Christ is a message of love.    He is all about love, and all that He does is because of love.      His great love for Father is the only reason that Jesus came to the earth on a mission.     He came to full fill the love that Father has for us, and supply the pure blood that we needed.        He made of Himself for our sacrifice, so that we could be with Father for eternity. The really cool part of all this is the fact that He made that sacrifice of His own free will.   Father didn't force Jesus to do that.      He made that decision of His own free will. Simply because He wanted to out of love.
Having said all that it should be no problem for me to simply make myself more available. Most of the world that I see from day to day are wearing headphones.    They are blocking people from coming into their mist, and that is alright for them.    I have been Cleansed, Sanctified, Justified, and set aside to be a peculiar people for the Glory of God!!
I have been redeemed, and no longer desire to even do the things of the world.    I am so different from the people of the world that I stand out as different.     I am different because in my blood there is a strand of DNA that is linked with Father.    Even with all this going on it still doesn't make me any better than the other children of the world.      It in no way makes me superior to them.   However, it does, and should increase my level of love for them.
In our Christian walk we are being molded to resemble the same look as Jesus looks to the world. After all, we are His.        We belong to Him.      He bought us with the only price that Father would accept.          Thank you Jesus for paying the price that I couldn't pay!!

…........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment