www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

one step forward........then turn and run!!


I really want to thank my friend Bubba. He went to bat for me, and gave me a place to stay when I didn't have one. The fact that we were battling our own set of different demons didn't help matters one bit!! I must admit that there were some really strange phenomenon going on in both our lives. I wrote about the events as they were happening. If your not familiar with what I am saying; I would like to invite you to go back and read up on it. Then you will see what I am talking about.

Here is the strange thing: I believed in God...............i believed that He did exist,.......................i believed that He was the creator of everything in this world, and beyond,......................and strangely,...............i some how knew that He was calling me out to get to know Him.............which I had no idea who He really was. I had spent my life thinking that I knew who He was, but that was only who others thought that He was.

My life had become maddening in the most chaotic form possible. I was truly standing in a crossroad with every path blocked but one. I had learned that my life didn't belong to me, so I couldn't take it. I was out of the options that I desired, and scared,.............really scared,.............really, really, scared,.........i was scared to go either direction!!

When Bubba had ask me to come and stay with him.............i had already made my mind up to check into the city rescue mission. They have a program where they teach the men about Father God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit. I knew that I needed to go into this thing with an open mind, because I need to find out who this God was, and what He was about.



Instead I went the other direction,................and reaped the hell for doing so!!



It was the month of October, and I lasted in total madness until May. Life had become far too miserable for me to tolerate living this way any longer. I explained to Bubba what my plan was, and gave him an open invitation to come with me. Neither one of us had any hope left of living a productive life, as far as I could see. Bubba declined my offer, and I didn't press the issue.

I was a dead man on the inside. I had no reason left to live, and I certainty didn't care to stay in a mission, little lone live there. I was heading into the unknown................a place that I had never been before,..................a tear actually rolled down my face, as I waited on the bus. Somehow,...........i knew that my life would never be the same,...............................but I wasn't sure how?



….........much love

No comments:

Post a Comment