www.billofrights.org

Friday, February 7, 2014

Trials and Temptations

The internet at the public library is going to be disabled for the next three days. I could get around that fact if it were the only obstacle, in my way, at this time. However, I have a distressing problem, that I am dealing with now. My bicycle has ceased to function properly, and it has got to the point, where I need to buy a new one. I have the money to buy a new one, because I am not going for a really nice bicycle. The one that I want is fairly nice, for this neighborhood that I live in. Any new bike is nice, for this neighborhood, that I live in!!

The thing that I will do with anything new that I get, whether it is brand new or simply new to me, is give it to Jesus. I have made a habit, of giving everything that I have to the Lord. In my mind it keeps them working better, for a longer time, when I do this. It might just be the fact that I take better care of the things that belong to Jesus. I even anoint the product with oil, and pray over the item, as I offer it back, to the one that gave it to me.

The problem with buying this new bike is that my closest neighbor has filled my head with fear. He hasn’t done anything more, than tell me all the bad thoughts, of the things that could happen, with a new bike. He hasn’t told me anything, which would affect a normal person, in a way that would not be cautious in nature. However, I don’t think that I am a normal person. I live under the fact that Father has called me a blessed person.   Does anybody else feel this way?

This neighbor of mine is a really nice person, although, he doesn’t know how intent, that my relationship is with the Lord. He knows that I go to church, and try not to bad mouth those other folks in my life. He knows what that he can see from me. There is so much more, to my relationship, than is visible to the neighborhood. I am not the kind of Christian, which likes to draw a lot of attention, to my Christianity. Everything that I do doesn’t have to be loud and attention gathering. I am the kind of Christians that prefers to show Jesus, through my actions. 

Getting back to what I was talking about, as far as being blessed. In the book of Deuteronomy, we are given a long list, of the ways that the Lord will bless us, if we are obedient to Him. There is a long list of the curses that will come upon us if we aren’t obedient to Him also.  

Deuteronomy 28:2  And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.

Jesus said a little something on the same lines, as Father said. Luke 11:28  But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

We all go through trials and temptations, when we are serving the Lord. We all suffer pain to one degree or another, because we live in a sin filled world. Sometimes things happen, where there seems to be, no reasonable excuse to why, they have happened. We just accepted it as being a part of the plan of God, and we don’t know what that plan might be. We trust God during the worst of times, because we love Him, and know that He loves us.

Sometimes I feel weird, if I am not suffering more, than I actually suffer at times. I often think that I am not doing something right, because I know, that Jesus never promised us a rose garden. The Bible talk’s way too much about suffering while living the Christian life and how we should handle the situations. The truth is that my life is pretty good, and I really don’t suffer all that much. Maybe I am just handling the problems better now. I rarely worry about much, and I spend a lot of time in prayer.

I know what it is like to be on both sides of the fence. Serving Jesus and loving the Lord is the better choice. I know what it is like to suffer, for my own rebellious ways, and I know the difference that Jesus makes, in a person’s life. The most suffering that I do now is from the mistreatment of my body that occurred earlier in life. I have a lot of physical pain, but it is manageable. I rarely have any emotional or mental pain anymore, and lack of these makes me a blessed person.

What does all of this have to do with me buying a new bicycle?    Well,…I am not sure. Except the fact being, that I feel like I am blessed, because of my relationship with Jesus. I know that it doesn’t have anything to do with me. It is like everything in my life. Everything in my life is because of my relationship with Jesus, and there is nothing that is not because of Jesus. Jesus is the best thing, which has ever happened, in my life. 

If you don’t have a relationship with Jesus, why don’t you give Him a try? If it doesn’t work out like you were hoping that it would, Satan would be glad to take you back!!     Ain’t God good?

           …..Much Love       

No comments:

Post a Comment