www.billofrights.org

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Alone Time

This is something that I have thought about for a long time. I have never written about it, or at least I don’t think that I have. Sometimes the Word of God seems to leave out details, which I find an interest in understanding. Then again, there may be some verses, in the Word of God, that talk about this, but they have not been revealed to me yet. What I am talking about is alone time.

I am far from a master in having relationships. Actually, I have failed in every relationship, which I have ever had in my life. I won’t lie to you about it. I don’t have anything to hide anymore. My life is what it is, and has been, only by the grace of our Lord and Savior. I survived only from His mercy.

I think that every relationship requires some amount of time alone with each other.  Am I right in this thinking?   Anyway, one of my greatest desires, that I have today, is to spend some alone time with Jesus. I know there will be millions of folks in Heaven. I know that Jesus will be in high demand, of all of us, that are there. I might be acting selfish in my thinking. Acting selfish is nothing new for me, and all of my past details, that fact plainly. 

I do realize that by the time that we get to Heaven we will change. The book of First Corinthians, chapter 15, talks about the change. 1Corinthians 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

I am simply talking off the top of my head, because I know the change will include the fact that we will be Holy. We have to be Holy to stand, in the presence, of our Father. I have come to realize, because I am slow at times, but this is the plan. I heard this, on the radio, from Dr. Irwin Luther, from Moody church in Chicago. When He said this, I suddenly got this feeling of peace running through my Spirit. 

“We were created to have a relationship and fellowship with God our Father. The Old Testament was to show us Fathers Holiness. The New Testament was to introduce us to the second part of the Trinity, who was Jesus Christ. Who came down to this corrupt earth, and fulfilled, and abolished the law, in our place, mainly because, we could not keep the law, in our flesh.   Here is the greatest part….Our Father God has done everything possible, to have fellowship with His creation, without us contaminated His pure Holiness!!”

I am not a preacher, but I think, that last statement will preach!!    Doesn’t that make you feel different, than you did before you read it?    I get really excited when I think about all, that our Creator has done, simply to have a relationship with us. I must admit this fact to the readers also. Even though we are taught that God is sovereign, and He doesn’t make mistakes. In my case I often have to ask the question: Are you sure?    I realize that every single, solitary, thing about me, is corrupt in this world, little lone in Fathers.

I am sorry, that I got off track, where I was heading to, but it is, what that it is.  I believe that I am going through another period of evolution, as far as my place in creation. Things are getting clearer, mostly about what Father has done, and the effect, that Jesus is currently having on my life. My part in this process is so, so, minor, because Jesus has done it all!!   My part is nothing more than total surrender. 

Getting back to my original purpose in writing this post. I want to spend some alone time, with my Savior. As far as my feelings go right now, I need to ask some questions. I realize that once I get home, they will be foolish questions mostly. I don’t know how much memory, which we will retain, in our new home. I know there will be no sadness, and all tears will be wiped from our eyes by Father. 

Revelation 21:4  And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things have passed away.

This is really a powerful verse, and it is even more than just a verse, it is a promise!! Actually, this verse answers my desire to spend time alone with Jesus, and ask Him questions, about my time on this earth. The end of this verse states, that the former things have passed away. I guess that we will need to spend more time alone within, His awesome presence, while we feel the need to right now. 

1Peter 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Ain’t God Awesome?

         ….Much Love            

No comments:

Post a Comment